Linene trip report

Muffin Man

Senior Member
Congrats Fishnuts. I reckon the evening in the bar at Linene with Adriaan must have been a blast after catching all those GT's. Thanks for the report. Cheers Paul
 

Fishnuts

New member
Thanks again everyone!

@ FishEcutnr - Justin, worst part was the 2 biggest GT's were on my gear! The Stella was unbelievable - Ferdi's big one was taking some serious line to start with so I tightened his drag to full and all he had to do was hang on! Like I said all in all 10 GT's in 2 hours on that setup no problem! Hopefully Ferdi will be down at the Breede at the end of the year to tell you about it - he was blown away by the experience! I reckon I'll be at Witsand again this year if all goes well. ( Cappies time again??)Definitely got to get in a session with you guys and Carl for for some tail! We must also get your old man and Carl together for a return trip to Linene, start sowing the seeds!

@ Muffin Man - Whilst we got big fish, species wise I think you had us 6 all licked on your own! Thanks too for the advice! And yes, Adrian nailed us with the strafdops on that Moz rum...awful....but fun!
 

carlvanr

New member
Fishnuts wrote:
Thanks again everyone!

@ FishEcutnr - Justin, worst part was the 2 biggest GT's were on my gear! The Stella was unbelievable - Ferdi's big one was taking some serious line to start with so I tightened his drag to full and all he had to do was hang on! Like I said all in all 10 GT's in 2 hours on that setup no problem! Hopefully Ferdi will be down at the Breede at the end of the year to tell you about it - he was blown away by the experience! I reckon I'll be at Witsand again this year if all goes well. ( Cappies time again??)Definitely got to get in a session with you guys and Carl for for some tail! We must also get your old man and Carl together for a return trip to Linene, start sowing the seeds!

@ Muffin Man - Whilst we got big fish, species wise I think you had us 6 all licked on your own! Thanks too for the advice! And yes, Adrian nailed us with the strafdops on that Moz rum...awful....but fun!

Hey Vince what an awesome trip...will have to make it next time...definately keen to venture back for some hardcore fishing as only you can get at Linene.

I am now seriously looking forward to our trip to Zavora in June.

Sorry to highjack this thread but if anyone has any good info on beach fishing and off shore at Zavora and surrounding areas I would be most grateful....
 

strandloper

Senior Member
Nice Report!!

That GT session must have been AWSOME and big up to you fo sharing your rod with the others to get them into some fish!!!
 
Top