JMAG

FLUKE

Sealiner
I am very keen, Will you have big enough magnets for a Talica 25ii?
From what I understand Mag-it can offer more Magnets but no adjustability.
I definitely want adjustability but it would seem the downfall of an adjustable system is that you can fit only one magnet and will that be enough on a big, heavy, slow spinning spool?

So let's combined the 2 systems, 1 or 2 fixed magnets with an adjustable one for fine tuning????
 

Cuban Cigar

Sealiner
FLUKE wrote:
I am very keen, Will you have big enough magnets for a Talica 25ii?
From what I understand Mag-it can offer more Magnets but no adjustability.
I definitely want adjustability but it would seem the downfall of an adjustable system is that you can fit only one magnet and will that be enough on a big, heavy, slow spinning spool?

So let's combined the 2 systems, 1 or 2 fixed magnets with an adjustable one for fine tuning????
Hi FLUKE !
The MAG-IT system for your Talica 25 II, is certainly adjustable for spoolspeed, by using different sizes, strengths and quantities of magnets, but also further, by sliding those magnets, either inwards or outwards on the magplate.

Yes, the system is not adjustible on the fly, if that is what you have in mind and in that case a knobbytype mag, will be your answer, but if you need/want only adjustability for finetuning and then fish the reel at your chosen setting, please PM me and I will give you a full rundown, so as not to sabotage Jonathan's thread.

Cheers !
 

tima

New member
This might be of interest.

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Sea-Angler/Section/how-to/Sea-Fishing-Advice/Fishing-Tips/Tackle-tips-and-advice/Magnet-multipliers/

Tim
 

grootvis

Sealiner
tima wrote:
This might be of interest.

http://www.gofishing.co.uk/Sea-Angler/Section/how-to/Sea-Fishing-Advice/Fishing-Tips/Tackle-tips-and-advice/Magnet-multipliers/

Tim

Thanks Tim, very informative. _seal1_
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
Maybe I am comparing Apples to Pears but in my Bass fishing I use different Mag settings depending on lure weight, line diameter, wind etc etc
So surely casting a 10oz into a headwind with a 1,5 leader would require a different setting to a 9oz and tailwind with a 1,2mm leader.
I would not be trying to adjust mid-cast I just want the correct setting for specific conditions.

If this is now Hijacking your thread Old Salt then please let me know and we will move the discussion to another thread but I feel this is very relevant to the product you are offering.
 
FLUKE wrote:
Maybe I am comparing Apples to Pears but in my Bass fishing I use different Mag settings depending on lure weight, line diameter, wind etc etc
So surely casting a 10oz into a headwind with a 1,5 leader would require a different setting to a 9oz and tailwind with a 1,2mm leader.
I would not be trying to adjust mid-cast I just want the correct setting for specific conditions.

If this is now Hijacking your thread Old Salt then please let me know and we will move the discussion to another thread but I feel this is very relevant to the product you are offering.

Fluke -

Not sure why you have not got a response but I will try answer.
The principals are the same regardless of the size of the reel you choose to use.
- adjustability is adjustability no matter how you choose to use the mag settings.

Magnets come in a variety of sizes and are available here in south Africa.

Rear earth magnets are very powerful and i'm certain that a custom adjustable setup that old salt makes with a single large magnet will control the talica 2 quite easily.

ie :1 x 30 x 25mm NEO magnet wont let your reel do much spinning at all !!! proper stopping power-


http://magnetech.co.za/
 

old salt

Sealiner
Hi All, so I machined on friday all day. The design of the magnets post I changed at the top have a look. Tommorrow I should be able to start fitting the JMAG, I am so excited. I have 4 different size magnets setting on the holders now. I am really excited to get this project going. Every angler from novice to experienced angler will be able to get the most out of a reels performance very reliably now. Also night fishing and overuns will become less of an issue for certain, turn the dial half to one turn in and cast with absolute confidence in the dark. Adjustable magnetic cast control systems are an intergral part of angling today. Reels like your Penn Torque, Trinidad A, Fathom, and any other reel without a cast control system becomes controlable even to the novice. Nice is it not, simply by turning a dial, you will able to go from total control to total free spool and be able to adapt also while fishing to changing weather/wind conditions and the terrain you fishing also. My email if you need it is jjfishmore@gmail.com. Videos will still be uploaded on my facebook page and you tube when the guys have filmed the JMAG in action before and after to show the results to you. You will be able to find more detail soon on my facebook bussiness page, jonathans reel repairs and upgrades
 

Attachments

  • 20150807_210229.jpg
    20150807_210229.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 163

old salt

Sealiner
I have some fathoms the stardrag 12,15,25,30 reels to mag, also okuma, elbe reels, torium hg, penn torques coming and this super sexy model fathom 15 leverdrag 2 speed model what a beauty. There are trinnie A reels onroute and saltigas also. I am fitting theze myself so they are done right_seal1_ I am so excited.
 

Attachments

  • 20150809_110146.jpg
    20150809_110146.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 163

trevour

Senior Member
One little thing that worries me. Are there any negatives as far as corrosion goes. Our reels get exposed to salt water more than other countries. Will skrewing the mag in and out with a sopping wet reel allow salt water into parts of the reel where it's unwanted?
 

Enigma

Moderator
Trevour, no more than the drainage ports and gap between the spool and casing already does.

These are tried and tested world over and I have 2 reels fitted with Knobies for years now.
 
- CONGRATULATIONS J -

Wishing you and your enterprise all the best of energies.


It Looks to be of very HIGH quality and from my extensive experience in the custom manufacturing and use of these mag mods I have no doubt at all that it will be a great success.

Looking forward to meeting you one day and purchasing your product.


- Let your creativity be fuelled by the ignorance of others and you will have an energy source for life !
 

grootvis

Sealiner
trevour wrote:
One little thing that worries me. Are there any negatives as far as corrosion goes. Our reels get exposed to salt water more than other countries. Will skrewing the mag in and out with a sopping wet reel allow salt water into parts of the reel where it's unwanted?

Does one have to worry about corrosion where the drilled section is? Some of the newer reels are ok, but most of the older reels are manufactured from materials that could corrode where the new metal is exposed, would this be anything to be concerned about?
 

old salt

Sealiner
There is no problem from what I can see, this has also been done for years oversea simular type of magging without issues. So no. The JMAG is made from high quality materials, fitment if done by me with be the same quality too and im not saying you wont do it as such. I accept the concerns and most of valid but there is no need to worry at all. I have made a few changes compared to the the black dog one, I have improved the JMAG in a few ways and made it more suited for our cowboy style fishing also. This can be fitted in the clickers place and can be fitted on the sideplate retaining the clicker still. I am off to JMAG some reels now.;)_seal1_
 

grootvis

Sealiner
Thanks.

Reason I asked, I know from previous experience, the older models Toriums and saltist reels had major problems with corrosion, if you scratched it, you were guaranteed corrosion but that was because of the materials of the frame. Hopefully that won't be an issue now because of the newer materials.

Not being negative, just thinking of everything......:)
 

old salt

Sealiner
So I have been busy today have a look at 2 reels with the JMAG I did for a client. I will take better videos still he leaves cor oversea soon so pressed for time. And what do you see WOW the issue all the time LOL, the ratchets are retained still.;)
 

Attachments

  • 20150810_161431.jpg
    20150810_161431.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 111

old salt

Sealiner
Adjustabiliy with the JMAG monomag knobby WITH the ratchet retained.
 

Attachments

  • 20150810_161449.jpg
    20150810_161449.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 109
Top