I've been dilligently watching 'WindGuru', the wea

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
JustPlainSHARK wrote:
... Did your fishing buddy get sea sick on the flat water then?

NOP, we were still enjoying a peaceful morning on the water when everything went awry... From the corner of my eye I noticed some movement near my van on the shore... The next thing there were not 1 or 2 'officials' walking toward us but 8 of them... Can you beleive it, 8 guys... 4 Were from the Parksboard, 2 were guys who work at Transnet (in their overalls) and the other 2 were the 'main manne' from Transnet Security... I could just tell by the way they were walking to us that they were on a mission.

Anyway I started paddling over to them, beached and greeted the one 'wit ou' from the Parksboard, who I must say was very cool. After being accused of being caught on camera using a cast-net I was intrigued to see this 'kamistage' camera footage. Which of course upon the one guy from Transnet security frantically searching through his cell phone for it was very evident that they clearly didn't know the difference between a catch-net and a cast-net... Well then you can just imagine now things were heating up, they searched both Kayaks, checked our licenses, and got even more frustrated... Then we were photographed and given a lengthy speech about a new law that was instituted 2 years concerning where boats are allowed to be in the harbour... Of course all being in reference to the shipping lane, which were far from. Lets not even mention the speech about possibly photgraphing port operations, port operations, WTF!!! Since when is it a secret? OH! Sorry I didn't know that the Richards Bay Harbour was this 'supa-dupa' technologically advanced NASA like place... And then came the even bigger speech about being possible terrorists, thanks America, thanks 911... Anything to justify bull* laws...

OH! And did I mention there was no signage posted anywhere and when I questioned 'them' about this I was told it's too expensive. But you can send 8 guys to drive all the way to Cassarinas to 'tackle' 2 fisherman? Also to add to the bull* apparently nobody is allowed to fish on Cassarinas at all, yet the place is packed with people during the weekend, now explain this to me please... How does this work?

So nevertheless after being forced to pack up we launched at the Bay Hall, paddled out to sea and fished bottoms, that's when my nephew got very sick... The swells were just too much for his body to handle...
 

J_Bay

Sealiner
Very nice!! You think the one that got off was a decent kingy maybe?? How was that bad boy on the braai??
 
zulu-X-treme wrote:
JustPlainSHARK wrote:
... Did your fishing buddy get sea sick on the flat water then?

NOP, we were still enjoying a peaceful morning on the water when everything went awry... From the corner of my eye I noticed some movement near my van on the shore... The next thing there were not 1 or 2 'officials' walking toward us but 8 of them... Can you beleive it, 8 guys... 4 Were from the Parksboard, 2 were guys who work at Transnet (in their overalls) and the other 2 were the 'main manne' from Transnet Security... I could just tell by the way they were walking to us that they were on a mission.

Anyway I started paddling over to them, beached and greeted the one 'wit ou' from the Parksboard, who I must say was very cool. After being accused of being caught on camera using a cast-net I was intrigued to see this 'kamistage' camera footage. Which of course upon the one guy from Transnet security frantically searching through his cell phone for it was very evident that they clearly didn't know the difference between a catch-net and a cast-net... Well then you can just imagine now things were heating up, they searched both Kayaks, checked our licenses, and got even more frustrated... Then we were photographed and given a lengthy speech about a new law that was instituted 2 years concerning where boats are allowed to be in the harbour... Of course all being in reference to the shipping lane, which were far from. Lets not even mention the speech about possibly photgraphing port operations, port operations, WTF!!! Since when is it a secret? OH! Sorry I didn't know that the Richards Bay Harbour was this 'supa-dupa' technologically advanced NASA like place... And then came the even bigger speech about being possible terrorists, thanks America, thanks 911... Anything to justify bull* laws...

OH! And did I mention there was no signage posted anywhere and when I questioned 'them' about this I was told it's too expensive. But you can send 8 guys to drive all the way to Cassarinas to 'tackle' 2 fisherman? Also to add to the bull* apparently nobody is allowed to fish on Cassarinas at all, yet the place is packed with people during the weekend, now explain this to me please... How does this work?

So nevertheless after being forced to pack up we launched at the Bay Hall, paddled out to sea and fished bottoms, that's when my nephew got very sick... The swells were just too much for his body to handle...

These guys get impossible. They seem to get more "thorough" the more incompetent they appear to be. Just to somehow to try and disguise their incompetence.

:X

Are you going to slide something for a guitarfish from Cassarinas this weekend?  :spite:lol:1

 
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
We went out late yesterday afternoon to catch the incoming tide and just before a big low pressure was going to arrive... We all caught a few decent size shad... I was scratching along the piers and got lots of stumpies and blacktails... Then I caught this - I wasn't sure what it was, so released it. A really dirty fighter and very hesitant/skittish to take the bait completely...
 

Attachments

  • P1030021 (Copy).JPG
    P1030021 (Copy).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 401

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
The sun had dissapeared a while ago and it was getting dark. But just as the sea can sometimes be, alomost full high, the rain had stopped, the wind died down and the conditions were perfect... lol.
 

Attachments

  • P1030025 (Copy).JPG
    P1030025 (Copy).JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 400

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
J_Bay wrote:
... They actually make good eating!

JA! I only realised that once I'd checked my book at home... lol.

It's very similar to the convict surgeon, but upon closer inspection you can see the difference in the mouth and the fact that the lines are more pronounced with an extra smaller line in between the others...
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Had a brilliant morning on the water. The sea was great and it was an amazing morning with very little wind... As per normal caught stacks of blacktails... lol... What was a nice surpirse is that I caught a decent pickhandle barracuda... I'll post pics later of the eating... lol.
 

Attachments

  • P1030085 (Copy).JPG
    P1030085 (Copy).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 337

Vis Arend js

New member
Hi, Zulu it looks great,i am at the caravan park and need some information regarding bottoms. can you tell me where can i found some spots close for bottom fishing,i own a jetski cat-e, i went north of the harbour and only got a lot of small sharks.
Regards.
 

Mot007

New member
Good day.

^^.. Just one question, I want to buy a Stealth Kayak, what is the rules to use it in the harbour? I live in Meer en See.

 

Regards Tom:kaykak
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Mot007 wrote:
Good day.

^^.. Just one question, I want to buy a Stealth Kayak, what is the rules to use it in the harbour? I live in Meer en See.

 

Regards Tom:kaykak

Well it's really just your fishing and vessel license that you'll need... Although a few years back I belonged to a local boat club and at that time my boat had to pass a bouyancy compliance test, carry a specific length anchor rope, I had to buy safety equipment also had to stick a boat registration sticker and the official 'Port Control' registration sticker onto it. All-in-all including the club membership it 'set-me-back' just over R1600.00.

It's been a few years since and I'm not sure what the whole story is going to cost now, that's of course if you want to join a club. Basically at the moment I'm seaworthy, carry all the necessary safety equipment, have a fishing and vessel license and practice common sense when crossing the shipping lanes and harbour mouth.

With my last encounter with the 'excellent' anti-terrorism, anti-poaching, anti-you name it guys from Transnet and the Parks Board, the licenses I have were adequate. There was no mention of the Port Control sticker or a boat club membership.

Most importantly, nobody on a vessel that's used for fishing is allowed to fish past bouy #22, it's the green one just before the end of Cassarinas if you are paddling from Small Craft... Of course you won't know this till 'they' try and arrest you... lol.
 

Havies

New member
All I can say is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... that looks so good, and the fish braai looks even better.  Nice photo's.

Off to RIchards Bay on Thursday ....... and Yes will do the same ..... fish, fish, braai, fish and fish some more !
 

Henry Botes

New member
Hallo eks heel nuut in die kayak visvang en gaan die eiende maart Balito toe ek het gewonder of ek nie eers in n hawe moet visvang nie en wil dalk R\baai toe gaan vir die eerste helgel wat se vis vang jy in die hawe en dink jy ek moet dit so doen baie dankie Henry
 
Top