I've been dilligently watching 'WindGuru', the wea

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
I've been dilligently watching 'WindGuru', the weather has been terrible lately not to even mention the SW wind which seems to always be blowing. I was seriously starting to get withdrawls. Earlier this week there were signs that this morning would be promising, so I kept a keen eye on things... By yesterday afternoon late the wind had settled, it was going to be a morning on the water... ::S
 

Attachments

  • P1020946 (Copy).JPG
    P1020946 (Copy).JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 620

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
A few days ago I'd been out throwing 'cast-net' and got stacks of perfectly sized prawns, the fish couldn't leave them alone. The 'stumpies', Blacktails and small Kingfish were full up... ((r(e(ling
 

Attachments

  • P1020950 (Copy).JPG
    P1020950 (Copy).JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 613

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Something 'hit' my bait very, very hard, my reel was screaming and it was the sound I'd been waiting for the whole morning... The tussle was fierce, I struggled to keep the line from running off my spool, the fight was on... Moments later the fight was off... :cry1

Whatever it was, had no interest in being caught today, that's for sure. I got my complete trace back, I think the hook was too small or maybe it didn't set properly... Nevertheless no sooner had I re-baited and I was 'on' again. This time it was definitely coming home... Time to get the fire going... b_r_a_a_i
 

Attachments

  • P1020953 (Copy).JPG
    P1020953 (Copy).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 605
Definately sounds like a perfect day Zulu, that kingie looks like it musta been fun - I'm hoping your good weather travels down the coast to Durbs tomorrow !
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Went out again this morning but didn't catch anything worth mentioning... My fishing buddy got properly sea-sick just in time for the pushing tide, go figure... Here's some pics I thought you guys would appreciate...
 

Attachments

  • P1020979 (Copy).JPG
    P1020979 (Copy).JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 513
Top