Im in the market for papgooi rods ( budget R1000 a

craig54

Senior Member
Im in the market for papgooi rods ( budget R1000 a rod ) . As I mainly fish for Yellows on the fly in Summer , the rods will be used 80% of the time fishing between end of May to end of September . What do you recommend for my budget ?
 

craig54

Senior Member
:::S anybody ??

 

Was thinking WAFT Black Mamaba , but apparently you can get rods at half the price that are just as good ???????????
 

stuart haynes

New member
Hey. Go for the wafts. The cheaper rods feel good but don't last and aren't made very poorly. The eyes fall, they just don't last. So rater go good once off than need to replace them a year or 2 later.

Just my 2Cents.
 

Naruto

Sealiner
Depends on whether you want to cast a mile or enjoy playing the fish.... The Sensation Velocity's are apparently the sub R1000 rods to get currently. I still prefer my R400 blue marlins any day for pure fishing pleasure.
 

Enigma

Moderator
Velocity is more a fishing friendly rod that can also throw a long way.

Doubt you're still going to find any R400 Blue Marlins on the market today but if looking at that price look at the Torpedo 12' R400 a rod
 

superb

New member
I will also say Sensation Velocity , check in the bank angler they did tests on them , velocity came out very good.
 

Enigma

Moderator
I was at the testing and really enjoyed the 13' and 10' rods and in my opinion with the budget you were looking at get yourself 2 x 13' R650 ea and 2 x 10' for R550 ea and you're covered for all distances.

What wasn't in the Bank Angler was our testing with the soft tip "OVAL" DC where we went well over 200m but they're going to be in the R1500-1600 class and only available in late November
 

Martinva

New member
I bought myself 2 off 13' Velocities, man I'm impressed !!! Paid R1040 for both brand new......got discount for cash at a tackle shop in Meyerton
 

craig54

Senior Member
After a big gesukkel and phoning , finally got my new weapons of Carpting destruction.....
 

Attachments

  • Carp Rods.jpg
    Carp Rods.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 136
Top