I read  the article NielG did on artificial a

I read  the article NielG did on artificial angling and found it great to say the least.

It surely is a prevelige for new comers to get so much info when starting out and it is free.....Great work NielG.

when I started out ,I learned through trial and error as there was  not a lot of knowledge being passed around how ever we still managed some good catches over the times

I thought I might share some pics hope you enjoy...... 
 

Attachments

  • Angola 2006 573 (Small).jpg
    Angola 2006 573 (Small).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,120

Sailfish

Sealiner
Super pics there Spyker. Is it maybe possible to have a photo or two of some lures you guys use. In Plett we had great sucses with tying a Longwinged trout flie a meter above the spoon on the leader line. Lots of Kob where caught on the flie and not the spoon.
 
Sailfish wrote:
Super pics there Spyker. Is it maybe possible to have a photo or two of some lures you guys use. In Plett we had great sucses with tying a Longwinged trout flie a meter above the spoon on the leader line. Lots of Kob where caught on the flie and not the spoon.

Sure boet

will see what I can do for you tommorow
 

SAfish

Sealiner
I would also like to see them. Dankie vir al die inligting, Spyker. Ek kan nie wag dat die kabeljou weer begin byt hier in die Suid Kaap nie.
 

Muffin Man

Senior Member
Very Nice Spyker. It is only a matter of time before I start planning a trip up your way. Thanks again for all the info I recieved from you regarding Kunenne a while back. Keep Well. Paul Anderson (MM)
 
As promised some pics of the spoons I use.

from left to right

1.T 22

2.Lucas

3.Ashley read roundback

4.Predator

5.Ashley keel

6.Ashley flat (that I bend to form an S shape)
 

Attachments

  • IMGP0255 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP0255 (Medium).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,036

will101

Senior Member
The T22 and Lucas look much the same? Which is the more commonly found on shelves? I bought a couple recently but I'm not sure which they are.
Anyway does not matter by the looks of it!

Also Spyker, what I believe people call the S-bend, the chrome one with brass on the one side - how do you rate these?

The AR products are on the expensive side unfortunately but they do work well.

Thanks for sharing your wealth of info, it's heartwarming - and that goes to all you guys, you too, MuffinMan!

We going up to HITW in 3 WEEKS TIME!! starting to develop that pre-exam anxiety one used to have at school... Not taking any bait with so you know what that means?? :spite SPOONING!

(No, I sleep alone on fishing trips!)
 
The T 22 is flat on the inside and the lucas round on both sides .

the two tone works well,but I hate there spit rings change it when you buy them.

allso look at the predator they work great
 
Dorado.

These catches were made in Angola,but i have some cob pics taken on havoc and spoon in Namibia as well.

I believe they will work anywhere

I have caught Cob,Shad,3 different Kingfish species and Cuberra snapper on these spoons.
 

TOE 007

Sealiner
yes OOm Spyker , Is That Carlos that comes From PE , I met his with my Boet , They use to fish together , anyways not to hijack this thread !
Great Fish !!! i love fishing lures in the surf !

PS , Big thanks for the Knots section on the DVDS , helped me alot and my chommies !!!!
 
TOE 007 wrote:
yes OOm Spyker , Is That Carlos that comes From PE , I met his with my Boet , They use to fish together , anyways not to hijack this thread !
Great Fish !!! i love fishing lures in the surf !

PS , Big thanks for the Knots section on the DVDS , helped me alot and my chommies !!!!

Toe.

Ja the one and only boet

He is visitng he will return to Angola in about a month
 

Marthin

Sealiner
Spyker thanx for the information. I want to really try this form of fishing this summer.

I have a spoon that looks like the predator but in white with a red head that i want to try. One can see a bit of the water behind the fish pictures, but can you post a picture of water that one should look at to try this technique???
 
Top