I have been in a club setup for 10 years. I devote

ronny

Senior Member
I have been in a club setup for 10 years. I devoted a lot of time, money and efort to the sport. I recently made a decision to move on. I noticed that a lot of members on this forum have comments like "NO THANK YOU" and reference to "POLITICS" in their profiles regarding clubs. I would like to invite your comments (gripes) regarding these statements. Khan, your insight will be most appreciated. 
 

nicos

Senior Member
I joined an R&S club about a year and a half ago. Up till then, my R&S fishing was pretty much confined to scratching for edibles. I was also new to KZN. For me, it was a great move. I have learned a hell of a lot in a very short time, and got to know the coast around me much better.

If you are woried about politics, maybe join a very small club.
 

ronny

Senior Member
For the record, i used to belong to Trevally Angling Club which by no means is a small club. I just want to find out more about the sarcastic statements that i have come across in the past. I simply want to discuss these so that we may clear up misconceptions regarding the sport. If i can give back to the sport what i have gained in the past 10 years, then i would have achieved something.
 

khalaharikid

Sealiner
I have been in club angling for the last 5yrs, i have had the best fishing and made good friends, all has not been plain sailing however, but any dispute has been sorted out by talking and confronting the problem. but i cannot remember the last dispute the club had to sort out.      I also heard about club politics and dont join it is not worth it and so on, well nothing can be further from the truth, i love getting together with a bunch of anglers intent on catching good fish and sharing a common passion.

Ronny i wonder if you not missing the club scene, i bet you  have wonderful memories .

I hope to stay on as long as you have, cheers kk

 
 

khan

Senior Member
Howzit Ronny

 

 I will most certainly love to discuss this but via the cell not on this forum or any other forum for that matter!!!

pm me your number and i will gladly call you.
 

mielie

Sealiner
Club angling is not for everybody. I have joined TRS about 3 years ago and I am enjoying it more and more every year. I have learned alot and made alot of new friends. You will just learn quicker in a cliub that fishing on your own with your buddies.

Our club has got alot of Club competitions with is more like weekends away which is a kind of family thing where the wifes and kids go with.  Politics you will have everywhere.

People bashing club fishing is the people that cant fit in easy and always want to do their own thing and follow their own head. Some people are team players others not.

 
 

Sylvester

Banned
Joining a club was the best move I could ever have made....it does of course help that I joined the best club in the country..........Whooooop Whooooop!!!

On a serious note, being able to talk to like minded people about a shared passion is one of the perks. Also you cannot deny the wealth of knowledge held by seasoned anglers like Nols Van Zyl! You can't learn that stuff from books or even clinics. One day on the beach with Oom Nols is worth a library of books!

For the folks that preach against it, well to each his own. Remember though you only get out of a club, angling or any sport, what you are prepared to put in! PUNT!
 

Shark man

Senior Member
Any club no matter if it is rugby, tennis chess or fishing will have politic.
I think it is exelent to learn and to achieve something.
People often have different agendas for not wanting to belong to a club and remember not every one can afford it as previously discussed it is expensive if you want to do well.

I will recomend jioning a club to any one. I will always fish competatively even if there is some politics.

I just don't get involved or if I feel pasionately about something I will render an opinion and try to solve it.

Club fishing is the best!!!!!
 

Trophy

Sealiner
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
 

ronny

Senior Member
Mielie, you have hit the nail on the head. Your club mates are an extention of your family. So far, all the replies have been positives. KK, your sentiments are spot on and you are correct in saying that i miss the club scene but time changes and people change.
 

khan

Senior Member
Guys i would advice everyone to join a club its good for you!!

But i am a straight forward talker and will tell you that there can be politics that will not suit all no matter how hard you try to work with it.

If you aware of that then you will do well!!

Infact we will be opening a club come next season in durban, anyone wanting to join up and assist in coming up with a new democratic constitution with not too many chiefs!!! then send me a PM and lets get it started!!!

 
 

mielie

Sealiner
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
Trophy you are right. You will always get those people that think they are bigger than the "game", but in our club they get put back in their place quick quick, even if you are management or just a member.
 

Sylvester

Banned
mielie wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
Trophy you are right. You will always get those people that think they are bigger than the "game", but in our club they get put back in their place quick quick, even if you are management or just a member.
Reg so Mielie....daar is waar die eiers in kom!!!ROFL
 

mielie

Sealiner
Sylvester wrote:
mielie wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
Trophy you are right. You will always get those people that think they are bigger than the "game", but in our club they get put back in their place quick quick, even if you are management or just a member.
Reg so Mielie....daar is waar die eiers in kom!!!ROFL
Brandwewyn, whiskey , OBS en eier cocktail!!!
 

Hooked

Senior Member
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
Yeah , some of them even shop online for ladies handbags hehehehehehehe
 

Hooked

Senior Member
mielie wrote:
Sylvester wrote:
mielie wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
Trophy you are right. You will always get those people that think they are bigger than the "game", but in our club they get put back in their place quick quick, even if you are management or just a member.
Reg so Mielie....daar is waar die eiers in kom!!!ROFL
Brandwewyn, whiskey , OBS en eier cocktail!!!
 

Oooooh AGM is comming up time to start saving up for the kidney replacement
 

mielie

Sealiner
Hooked wrote:
mielie wrote:
Sylvester wrote:
mielie wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
Trophy you are right. You will always get those people that think they are bigger than the "game", but in our club they get put back in their place quick quick, even if you are management or just a member.
Reg so Mielie....daar is waar die eiers in kom!!!ROFL
Brandwewyn, whiskey , OBS en eier cocktail!!!
 

Oooooh AGM is comming up time to start saving up for the kidney replacement
That will be tonight Luca........ Are you expecting a cocktail????
 

Wayne

Sealiner
I have been with Spioenkop R&S Angling club for the last 2 years now,and I am very happy with the set up,the members and everything this club does,it is by far one of the best on the West Coast..however you do get your rotten apple between the lot but we work it out and when all is said and done we get on with what we all do best and that is go fishing...
 

Bronzie@MAXIMA

New member
TYGERBERG ROCK AND SURF ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!......JOIN!JOIN!JOIN!.....THE ONLY POLITICS IS YOUR OWN THINKING!!!.....JUST ENJOY THE SPORT!!...I ALWAYS SAY:BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT THE WORLD TO BE!....WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!:wfish:sha::slo:beer:dban::woohoo
 

Hooked

Senior Member
mielie wrote:
Hooked wrote:
mielie wrote:
Sylvester wrote:
mielie wrote:
Trophy wrote:
Hiya Ronny,

I have fished the club and provincial setup in salt and fresh water, from Jnr through the Snr levels.

Like any other sports club things just don't become nice when folks within the members or management start thinking they are greater than the sport. I don't need to go into detail here, but the creation of 'Ivory Towers' within club structure is everywhere.

For me I have choosen to find like-minded folks with a passion for angling and life in general. I have been lucky in PE and have met a great bunch of guys through Sealine!

To get a good number of social anglers together is just as competative as any club and what more you can have a whole lot of fun while you are at it.

Any PE angler wanting to join us on our fishing ventures are most welcome...we are a interesting bunch of fisherman!
Trophy you are right. You will always get those people that think they are bigger than the "game", but in our club they get put back in their place quick quick, even if you are management or just a member.
Reg so Mielie....daar is waar die eiers in kom!!!ROFL
Brandwewyn, whiskey , OBS en eier cocktail!!!
 

Oooooh AGM is comming up time to start saving up for the kidney replacement
That will be tonight Luca........ Are you expecting a cocktail????

TONIGHT !!!!!!!! oh hell

No , not expecting a cocktail R u ? I just wish the bar stocked Savanah hahahahaha
 
Top