Hooks

esatpil

Senior Member
Hi All,

What is the best quality hooks around?Something for all types of fishing from blacktails,karanteens to Sharks.

 
 

Whaler

Sealiner
Gamakatsu for EDS & Mustad Hoodlums for sharks! Nothing against Daichi but it gets expensive when you can only use a hook once!
 

Sharkattack

Senior Member
Kendall rounds for me.. 1/0, 2/0, 3/0,4/0 up to 7/0 for big kobs and 10/0 for sharks..i use nothang else beside kendall rounds
 

Kumz

Sealiner
In My opinion the best hooks have been mentioned , i use a mixture for different applications ,

Eg VMC for smaller fish - edibles .
Daichi & kendals for larger fish & slides .

I some times use 2 diff makes on a slide .

My 2c's
 

BigBass

Sealiner
Everyone has their personal preferences and we may even use different makes and styles of hook for different types of fishing and different species of fish, but you generally will not go wrong with Owner, Gamakatsu, Daichi and VMC. Some of Mustad's chemically sharpened hooks are also good ...

My current favourite all-round hook for surf fishing with whole sardine bait late afternoon and at night when you can expect kob, sandies and rays is the Gamakatsu 7/0 circle hook :cool:...
 

duane

Senior Member
I only use Bandits, but I don't see anyone else mentioning them............

Maybe this would explain why I am on such a dry spell with catching fish at the moment!!!!:doh:doh:doh:doh

Gone Fishing.............................
 

duane

Senior Member
Everybody says not to worry, everything will come right - nobody is prepared to commit and say WHEN !!!!!!
 

Hawk Eye

Senior Member
Also only use Bandit - Not seeing anybody else mention them I was scared and doubting my choice for a while there.;)
 

duane

Senior Member
Been down this road so many times - only thing to do is persevere and it always seems to come right eventually !!!!
 

Noweeds

Sealiner
Bandits are fine in the smaller sizes up to about 6/0 then they are a bit light in the bigger sizes. A 12/0 bandit looks great but it will bend too easily!
 

Blanky

Senior Member
duane wrote:
I only use Bandits, but I don't see anyone else mentioning them............

Maybe this would explain why I am on such a dry spell with catching fish at the moment!!!!:doh:doh:doh:doh

Gone Fishing.............................
Its so funny you mention that Duane. My tackle box is full of bandits and i agree that they do not hook fish a well as other brands.
I guess thats what you get for buying the cheaper hooks! ha ha!
 

duane

Senior Member
[color=#006600]Noweeds[/color] wrote:
Bandits are fine in the smaller sizes up to about 6/0 then they are a bit light in the bigger sizes. A 12/0 bandit looks great but it will bend too easily!

Yeah, I agree the guage is a bit lite on the bigger size Bandits - I have a couple of 8/0's and 9/0's that have been pulled so straight that they look like darts.
 
Top