Hi y'all. Here I sit on my fat, pimpled&

fedu

Sealiner
Dingleberry wrote:
Howzit Fedu. I went out to the points at 30 odd  miles and ..... nothing! I had the finder on 50 Khz and I battled to get any meaningful return. I have a Lowrance LMS 527c - I thought that this would be sufficient! Is the transducer Blaasoppie mentioned the answer or is my finder just not good enough?
Like Blaasoppie sayd what is your transducer ?

Pictures of the transducer install also, my experience here with a friends Lowrance (LMS-520) is that with the standard stock transducer it is uselless after +-110 meters deep.

Has you can see from this picture at 88.6 meters his Lowrance with stock transducer is awsome, but at 100/110 meters only bottom return and around +-150 totally gone.

kobk04.jpg


Fishton is the man to talk about deep sounding, he could probably help you out.
 

Dingleberry

Senior Member
Blaasoppie mentioned a different brand of transducer that one could fit onto a Lowrance that gets better returns. I'll contact Fishton and see what he says. Damn, it was a long ride - went about 150km's in total in bumpy seas. Everything is aching this morning! I appreciate all the input and I'll keep trying until I find my jigging Nirvana here!
 

Gerhard

Sealiner
You getting old or something???

150km on the duck eish...

Put in your time and you are going to go vas...

How does the Dorries and Queenfish look out there???
 

Dingleberry

Senior Member
Ja bru, my kidneys are sore, back aches and my knees are stukkend. The Dorado fishing is phenominal. I stopped off at a the first tanker on the outer anchorage on the way back and caught about 7 in half an hour on lures. The Saltiga Dorado jerk is absolutely amazing for them. The buggers eat them while it is sinking! Oh ja, about a month ago I went out with a bloke and we caught about 50 between us - was off the water by 13:00! I haven't caught a Queenfish in about a year. Haven't been hanging out close to shore in so long. I had a quick jig at the car cemetary and hooked a couta that bit me off in a hurry - must've been a big one if the jig size was anything to go by. I am really aching to start catching something different.
 

blaasoppie#1

Senior Member
Dingleberry,

This is the Airmar P-66(not sure how much detail you can see on the attachment); wwww.blueheronmarine.com are the only ones that i found who sell the ducer with the lowrance plug on it; maybe Fishton can help you out.

Airmar_P66_Brochure_Page_1.jpg


Airmar_P66_Brochure_Page_2.jpg
 

Gerhard

Sealiner
Dingleberry wrote:
Ja bru, my kidneys are sore, back aches and my knees are stukkend. The Dorado fishing is phenominal. I stopped off at a the first tanker on the outer anchorage on the way back and caught about 7 in half an hour on lures. The Saltiga Dorado jerk is absolutely amazing for them. The buggers eat them while it is sinking! Oh ja, about a month ago I went out with a bloke and we caught about 50 between us - was off the water by 13:00! I haven't caught a Queenfish in about a year. Haven't been hanging out close to shore in so long. I had a quick jig at the car cemetary and hooked a couta that bit me off in a hurry - must've been a big one if the jig size was anything to go by. I am really aching to start catching something different.

Nice,

I know you want to catch something different, but enjoy it every time you go.

I have been casting spoons and plugs for the last 2 months from the beach and rock here in KZN with out a bump...

Would be lekker to have the freezer full of dorries again. lol

When you coming down this way again?
 
Top