Hi guys what is the best flies to use for Kurpe

WalkersKiller

Senior Member
Howzit bud any small nymph on a dropper should do the business and if u can see them throw a small humpey at them... Other than that your caddis and mrs simpson patterns will also entice the bite...
 

Pieter353

New member
Thanks for the info

appreciate it

im new in fly fishing, what is a humpey??

and what do u mean by a dopper??

sorry but im new in category

pieter

 
 

Pieter353

New member
Thanks for the info

appreciate it

im new in fly fishing, what is a humpey??

and what do u mean by a dopper??

sorry but im new in category

pieter

 
 

Sonix

New member
Pieter ....check out this thread ...will help a bit
http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=28211&forum_id=71

I'm also trying for kurper on flies this summer ...
I've been looking at the earthworm idea the guys use to catch them with live earthworms ... so I was wondering ... what if you use a DDD floating fly, and about 30 -50cm underneath it you hang a red bloodworm fly? Something I still have to test myself ...
 

WalkersKiller

Senior Member
Cool no problem boet! A Humpey is a type of dry fly (Floaqting Fly) that is generally yellow and white in colour... Hers a pic: http://swittersb.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/humpy-yellow-side.jpg

A dropper is a piece of leader line that is not cut off at the knot and used to suspend a fly a few meters below the surface, you basically are fishing with a floating fly (Humpey) at the end of your leader and then a sinking (Suspending) fly half way up your leader. The humpey will keep the nymph from sinking too far. And that should produce the bite for Kurper... Hope this helps!
 

TOE 007

Sealiner
i would once again suggest , woollybuggers , maybe onse with a lil bead , for some shine , in olive , black and red . mrs simson , bloodybutchers , i kniw some guys use algea patterns , san juan worms , in spawn i would go with an Egg fly .

walker killer has got a great plan !!!
 

Pieter353

New member
will do thanks

planning to go next week

do u guys know of any good places with nice kurper???


in and around kempton park and pta????
 

WalkersKiller

Senior Member
I dont know those areas too well but im sure any dam will have kurper in it so i rate you just give anyway a bash! If you are not sure if there are any kurper in the dam look for the smaller fish close to the bank or in the shallows... the bigger ones are always just behind them... tight lines bud
 

BigVan

Senior Member
Hi Guys

I have caught quite a few kurper and vleikurper on the sanjuan worms. Both the red and olive green worked well. I can imagine thet the egg pattern will also work. Kurper loves to eat algae and I think that is why olive and green colours work well. I have caught vleikurper on a small olive walkers killer also. They were holding in shallow water {1-2 feet} close to reeds. The retrieve must be very slow.

I have tried at Loskop while doing normal conventional fishing for kurper but had no takes. Maybe are they so programmed for earthworms and maroek that thy do not know other food.

Cheers and catch them.!!!
 
Top