Hi Guys There has been a lot of talk amongst the

FLUKE

Sealiner
It took me a long time to part with my cash for an Onda but now that I have seen the action and quality I find it is a lot easier. I do shop around though because I hate putting extra money in the pockets of greedy retailers that think they can charge R210 for a lure that probably cost them about R65.
 

couta-koppie

Senior Member
Hey guys, This is not a cheap imitation. This lures got a guarantee, if a fish brakes it, they replace it. And neilg, it is not light, the85mm onda weighs 22g. The 85mm gummy weighs 24g.

:fbash
 

Ian F

Senior Member
Solly's in 4 ways had purple Onda Onda's on special for R167. Bought 1 for myself. Can't wait for May to arrive to try it out down at Hole in the wall. I also have a clear one and a red/white.

Ian F
 

neilg

Sealiner
Fluke,
haven't seen the gummy spoons yet, do you have a pic ?
I might actually have seen them but the name doesn't ring a bell ...

couta-koppie
On the weight, dirn't know, it just feels very light, but that said, although I have the 85mm Onda I haven't used it, I nornally use the 100mm Onda - 1ounce.

I have seen some terrible Onda Copies...

I WISH they made them in 3oz, but I don't think we would be able to afford them, cause if 1oz is R 200 I'm sure the 3oz will be ATLEAST R 500.

But damn, it's a good lure, extremely good swimming action and tough as nails.
It's the ONE lure that I'm not scared of throwing at ANYTHING.
 

SAfish

Sealiner
Couta-koppie, I also need to speak to you. I think the purple onda is like a mermaid. A myth, until I see one, they don't exist. LOL They are like hen's teeth. The closest place to knysna that stock them is mosselbay. That is R140 for the onda and a 200km round trip. That works out at R250!
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
Hi Neilg, I have never seen or heard of it until Couta-Koppie mentioned it in this thread. In post 18 you mentioned a copy you had posted pics of and I assumed it was the same thing but now I have remembered that it was a Storm bait you posted a pic of. I don't think you and Couta-Koppie are talking about the same product.
 

neilg

Sealiner
GOOD POINT FLUKE
you are 100% CORRECT, I did post of the Storm lure. Your memory she's much better than MINE !!

Okay Couta, seems I'll need some of those aswell.
 

couta-koppie

Senior Member
No problem neilg.

Just a tad of bad news to all those out there in search of the purple onde onda. They no longer import them. :cry1

Really sad but true, sorry.
 

neilg

Sealiner
[color=#006600]couta-koppie[/color] wrote:
Just a tad of bad news to all those out there in search of the purple onde onda. They no longer import them. :cry1
Motherfu:censrs ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

 :X :( :shock: :uzi ::cavmn :? :doh :cry1

Luckily I still have a few in the FIRE PROOF SAFE

Anyone want one for R 5000 each ?:spite
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
I know where 2 are I guess I had better go Shopping!!
Coutta-Koppie when my Tackle runs low and my bank balance grows (like that ever happens!!!) I'll have to chat about some of those spoons and what ever other interesting toys you have.
 

tkei

Sealiner
I bought a white onda in dec in el for R72. There were a few more but didnt buy them (idiot). Will go back and have a look. Found them in most obscure shop. They only had white ones though. havnt used them, but my brother had a few when he went to Madagascar on honeymoon. Both him and wife caught some great kings on them (on the std trebbles) up to 10kgs or so on really light tackle. I will test them next time i find bonnies at sea boiling.
 

Gooseman

New member
There is a place in PTA that has Onda ONDa in stock for R109 bought some yesterday. they even have purple ones.
 
Top