J_Bay wrote:
Why do you guys think that the Purple Onde is so deadly...I have been trying to think of purple bait fish, and I can't. What makes the purple such a good colour?
Honestly I can't give you a definate answer, I have used the purple, clear and the green one, PURPLE GETS MORE HITS BY FAAAAAAAAAAR, guarenteed.
I can tell you THEY WORK, buy one, target Shad and if it doesn't I'll buy it from you (as long as it's purple)
What I can tell you about the Ondas is this
- troll them behind a boat, THEY WILL GET SMASHED (like Fluid says)
- cast them from a boat (close to elf), they will GET SMASHED
- tell the other people on the boat to rather use bait, YOU WILL GET
!@$%^ BY THEM
- use them at night, YOU WILL STILL CATCH ELF ON THEM (but less than the bait brigade)
Now for the flipside of that coin
If you are fishing somewhere where you are very high above the water, YOUR SUCCESS RATE WILL NOT BE VERY GOOD. (I have tested this one more than one occasion)
The ONLY time I am outfished when targetting elf by the bait using people is when I'm very high above the water, but drop is back to just above water level and the Onda is king again.
If I was only allowed one lure for PREDATORY FISH I would take the purple Onda EVERY TIME
If I wanted a good allround lure I would take a white bucktail jig with a yellow/khaki tail.
In my mind a onda is alot like a rapala, very good swimming action, but much easier to cast far than the rapala.
And did I say, YOU CAN TROLL THEM ASWELL.
When we go out on the boat the first thing I get asked is ... HOW MANY OF THOSE LURES DO YOU HAVE