Hi All I would really appreciate your help and ad

MorneFerreira

New member
Hi All

I would really appreciate your help and advice on this.

I went to Dowerglen dam, behind the SPAR, just off Linksfield road on the N3 highway today to go and have a look, no fishing.

Would you still recommend this dam for a day trip? Has anybody been there lately? Where would you setup if you are walking down to to the dam and stand at the inlet into the dam, to the left or to the right? What sort of baits would you use?

My primary target is carp but would not mind to catch barbell if they are there.

Thanks
 

KERSH

New member
Hi Morne

I am also trying to get info on this place as well as i heard it is good, post something when you know.

any other spots you know of where bass are in abdunce on the East Rand?
 

rocknsurf

New member
Hi Guys i used to fish this dam a lot until they polluted it a few times and fenced it off.

 

used to have big carp , barbel and bass in  it. Havent been back for a while, but would think if its carp your after go left of the big willows, the ban is shallower there and less rocky. The right is good for bass, and is gets deep and rock.

 

Have picked up a few nice bass and the odd barbel on fly as well, in this dam.

 

Would also like to find some new spots for bass in the area so if you have any ideas please pm me

 

Richard
 

KERSH

New member
Hi Richard

Thanks for the info, i think i will make  a turn there this weekend

I will keep you updated with the bass spots as I also enjoy bass fishing

 Thanks

Kersh
 

MorneFerreira

New member
howzit kersh, i would like to join you this weekend to fish this venue and see what happens but unfortunately I already have other plans. please let us know what the fishing was like!
 

KERSH

New member
Hi Morne

I will do so, I am not sure if I will  going for sure but will push

any other spots you know for bass? 
 

MorneFerreira

New member
you can try murry park in springs but i would recommend a boat. there might be other places as well but i dont know as im not to big on bass.

do you know of any other good carp venues here in the east?
 

KERSH

New member
i dont have a boat so i would stay away from there, I am formally from DBN so i dont really know the dams around here have you tried Lakeside in Benoni?

Thanks Bru
 

PI

Senior Member
East Rand Dams:
Benoni dams, Blaauwpan dam (Kempton), Aston Lake (Outside Springs), Nigel Dam (By Nigel Golf Course)

Let me know what info you need.

PI
 

MorneFerreira

New member
Hi PI

I stay in Brakpan and would like to find a nice fishing spot for carp and barbel close to home. One that is preferable SAFE to go and spend the day and not worry about being mugged.

Glendower looked nice to me, I just need some advice or tips on what works and what does not work.

Benoni dams: I had a look at the middle dam where they ski and not a good option. Ebotse and homestead is open only to residents. One by Lakeside Mall is covered with hyacinths.

Blaauwpan dam (Kempton): There seems to be more bad posts on this dam than good. Apparently you have to fish at least 100m - 120m and its not the safest place.

Aston Lake (Outside Springs): Went there about 2 weeks ago and not to bad. you have to be there at 6 or you dont get a spot. Lots of reeds and long grass along the bank.

Nigel Dam (By Nigel Golf Course): I haven't gone there, dont know what its like. Any advice?

Edenvale: What about the old quarry behind builders? You have to pay membership fee but apparently its quite good.

Alberton: What about the R50 dam (Rietvlei farm) or Rust de Oribi. Any advice?
 

Unlimited

Sealiner
i didnt fish... just tested my bait baot... it will be safe during the day... at night i wont go in a group...

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=47873&forum_id=79
 

MorneFerreira

New member
I had a look at the post. well done to the guys, those are awesome fish.

can you please let me know how to get there? I'm sure last i heard homestead was closed. Do you know where they fished?
 

Unlimited

Sealiner
the south side is closed to residents.... go up with atlas towards the n12... turn right at lakefield avenue/north rand road (dont know what that part is called, but to the left its north rand road) continue straight, it becomes main road, and go over the n12. at the 1st robot(after you've gone over the n12) turn left and continue straight untill you get coleridge road (second street on your left) and turn left and continue straight to the open side of homestead...
 

Unlimited

Sealiner
you know these specimen guys... always afraid someone else will catch a bigger fish than themselves... they never disclose a swim or a venue...
 
Top