True gents, a lot of guys get defensive when you offer advise they don't want to hear. I must confess, I also learnt a couple of expensive lessons along the way, I guess that's just human nature.
Are you talking about me Johno
To be fair I have in the last 6 months spent a hell of a lot of money on my fishing gear... Why? Because of the simple fact that I do not get to the water enough!
The more I fish the less I buy and the less I fish the more I buy...
In this busy day and age we live in I guarantee you there are a lot of people doing exactly that!!!
Nothing wrong with buying the best tackle you can lay your hands on. Fishing with quality gear is a joy in itself and one I like to indulge in nowadays since I can afford it a little more than my younger days! As long as you don't fool yourself into thinking you'll catch more and bigger fish because your rod has a Fox label rather than Okuma.
I think its the feeling that we get when we buy the equipment and lovingly look at and stroke it...Its those feelz gents...Esp when we cant go out to the waters edge.