Hi All. I saw somewhere that there was something g

mch1973

New member
Hi All. I saw somewhere that there was something going on at langebaan this weekend. Does anyone have any info ??
 

subaruseun

Sealiner
considering it as well!

might have accommodation (depends on this), so will be easy, leave friday get bait etc...


we will need all safety equipment on board as well as a fishing off a vessel permit.
 

oomfaan

Senior Member
subaruseun wrote:
considering it as well!

might have accommodation (depends on this), so will be easy, leave friday get bait etc...


we will need all safety equipment on board as well as a fishing off a vessel permit.
Please elaborate on the safety equipment bit.

P.S. Eb, is that accommodation only for self or is there a spare bed available?
 

subaruseun

Sealiner
full safety:

this is mandatory for comps
water 1lt
pfd
anchor
tow rope
flares valid
(not sure) paddle leash

i will know tomorrow if we get the accommodation and if we get it, and we will make a spare bed for you!
 

Speedmaster

Senior Member
The wind does not look very favorable for Saterday. It seems like the wind is blowing at 30+km/h SE. I will also be joining if the wind goes down a bit.
 

subaruseun

Sealiner
30kmph is favourable for fishing off the side.

paddling in that wind is a mission.

predicted wind speed 22 gusts of 31... fairly manageable.
 

oomfaan

Senior Member
Just plan your trip. Make sure you don't have to paddle against the wind in the afternoon when you have to leave. That said, I've been there that I paddled from the island to Kotze street into a howling SE and therefore I know it is doable. Uncomfortable maybe, but doable. We do it for the exercise, don't we? And that is a good workout.

I nearly forgot, a good anchor system is of the utmost importance. A small foldable anchor did not work for me the last time, I want to try my new "bruce" anchor on Saturday.
 
Fish should bite nicely in the wind however i would concentrate my effort to the main channel that runs into the lagoon past the cliffs. That way, should the wind become too unpleasant, one could free wheel? um paddle home with the wind at your back.
 

Speedmaster

Senior Member
I have never been at the island before. Will that mean that we would rather fish more to the prawn banks side of the lagoon?
 

quiet storm

Senior Member
GUYS PLEASE remember this is not a competition.

It is a fun day, The wkca is not a kayak fishing club. It is a social networking group of kayak fisherman.

They only run socials & meet and greats.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FISHING COMPETITIONS ON LANGEBAAN LAGOON.

Only the 'rock and shore' guys are allowed to and it is monitored by Nat. Parks, for catch and release.

I hope to see you all there, it is going to be a fun day.

If the wind blows over 20km / hour we will re look at it. But that call can only be done on friday night. This time of the year things change quickly.

Last weekend we fished is SW winds of 15km and the fish where going off.

2.5 kg stump on light tackle is serious fun.
 

crabman

New member
Hi Quiet Storm

So if it is not a comp, can I follow the guys who know the spots as I have never fished Langebaan with a kayak?
 

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
Yes. This is a social event where some of the experts will share some info/tricks with us for free. All you need to do is pitch and ask.

We must maybe see if we can get Oom Daisy one day to come and give us a few tips at the slip.
 
Top