Hi All, I am looking to buy some bite indication

atish.rowjee

Senior Member
Hi All,

I am looking to buy some bite indication alarms and need your advice.

What makes and models would you recommend? I want a set that can be used in rainy and sunny weather conditions. It must be in the average or mid range price range bucket. I don't want to break the bank for just alarms.

Also, if there are any good condition second hand alarms that you might be selling, let me know.

Thanks gents.
 

Fishpaste

Sealiner
atish.rowjee wrote:
HennieB wrote:
What are you willing to spend?
Max R2500 for a set of 3 or 4. I am not sure if I can get a receiver as well with that amount.
Only thing I can think off is Jackel E-tron 4+1+1 for R2850 at Westerns Boksburg...
I am not a jackel fan but they are not that bad!
In RSA we do not have such a big variety to make things easy... by local (jackel/sensation) or buy imported (garner/Delkims)...
 

atish.rowjee

Senior Member
Thanks guys. I came across these on the Sensation website, "Docks Micro 4 Alarm Set" and "6th Sense 4 Alarm Set".

Are they any good?
Do these have capabilities to attach swingers at a later stage?
The website doesn't give much information about the alarms.
 

Fishpaste

Sealiner
HennieB wrote:
With that budget I would rather look at secondhand Delkims or Gardner TLB's
Going to struggle to find Delkims for under R3000 but not impossible. I have been after secondhand TLBs for ages and they seem to be scarcer than chicken teeth...
 

atish.rowjee

Senior Member
F1%hpa%te wrote:
HennieB wrote:
With that budget I would rather look at secondhand Delkims or Gardner TLB's
Going to struggle to find Delkims for under R3000 but not impossible. I have been after secondhand TLBs for ages and they seem to be scarcer than chicken teeth...

This is going to be hard to find... Hopefully something comes along. Let me know if anyone is selling
 

jacogrobbelaar

Senior Member
Don't get me wrong I would like a set of Delkims or Gardner TLB's but all off us cant afford the big brand names. I bought a set of Beno alarms at bens corner for R800. I got it now for 5 Years with no problem. I done about 20 sessions with it and it rained one session also and they are still going. My friend got his for 2years now and also no problem. For me they are the best low budget alarms available.
 

Attachments

  • 10891546_623522727774160_794416822011096146_n.jpg
    10891546_623522727774160_794416822011096146_n.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 186

Fishpaste

Sealiner
Just to set the record straight...I am still fishing cheap R100 sensation alarms (those with the carbon fiber effect) and have been doing so for the last 3years without any hiccup whatsoever...never let me down...never cost me a fish...loud as hell for when needed...

That being said...I am looking for TLB's now for that bankside bling!
:cool:
 

deisel

Sealiner
My benos were faulty out the box. Delkins are to over priced and are packed with little curcits and that i dont trust. Ive been through fox eos alarms which wernt bad. Pretty.much most alarms i have fished with. Tlds were the worst. The cheap sensation alarm with the tone and volume on the right . They like 130 an alarm very loud very very bright . Batteries dont have to be sourced from mars and they really easy to fix. I have spares i use for parts. I have found if u fish hard in kak conditions. African condition not uk then the extreme prices and lack if aftermarket service will leave you fishing policemens and glow sticks. Local is also lekker sometimes. Much simplier to replace a 150 rand model than ship a 5 grand jobbie back over seas or where ever for repairs. Forcing u to buy the cheapy anyway. Might as well start at the finish
 

atish.rowjee

Senior Member
This maybe a stupid question, but Docks vs Sensation? What is the difference? Which is a better make? Or are they the same?
 

Basspro

Senior Member
F1%hpa%te wrote:
HennieB wrote:
With that budget I would rather look at secondhand Delkims or Gardner TLB's
Going to struggle to find Delkims for under R3000 but not impossible. I have been after secondhand TLBs for ages and they seem to be scarcer than chicken teeth...

DELKIMS ......... the sound of that name alone makes me wanna throw up...over rated christmas tree. :? FOX all the way

Eishhh I know a few guys who fish with them.......now I'm gonna get shot down:uzi

 
 

Boss Wit NOS

Sealiner
hmmmmmm

I think you forget I have a certain reel in my possession


Basspro wrote:
F1%hpa%te wrote:
HennieB wrote:
With that budget I would rather look at secondhand Delkims or Gardner TLB's
Going to struggle to find Delkims for under R3000 but not impossible. I have been after secondhand TLBs for ages and they seem to be scarcer than chicken teeth...

DELKIMS ......... the sound of that name alone makes me wanna throw up...over rated christmas tree. :? FOX all the way

Eishhh I know a few guys who fish with them.......now I'm gonna get shot down:uzi

 
 

HennieB

Sealiner
Basspro wrote:
F1%hpa%te wrote:
HennieB wrote:
With that budget I would rather look at secondhand Delkims or Gardner TLB's
Going to struggle to find Delkims for under R3000 but not impossible. I have been after secondhand TLBs for ages and they seem to be scarcer than chicken teeth...

DELKIMS ......... the sound of that name alone makes me wanna throw up...over rated christmas tree. :? FOX all the way

Eishhh I know a few guys who fish with them.......now I'm gonna get shot down:uzi

 

Agreed, I had a Delkim luckily sold it before I bought more. Only reason I didn't mention Fox is because of local availability. For me it's TLB all the way.
 

Basspro

Senior Member
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
hmmmmmm

I think you forget I have a certain reel in my possession


Basspro wrote:
F1%hpa%te wrote:
HennieB wrote:
With that budget I would rather look at secondhand Delkims or Gardner TLB's
Going to struggle to find Delkims for under R3000 but not impossible. I have been after secondhand TLBs for ages and they seem to be scarcer than chicken teeth...

DELKIMS ......... the sound of that name alone makes me wanna throw up...over rated christmas tree. :? FOX all the way

Eishhh I know a few guys who fish with them.......now I'm gonna get shot down:uzi

 
Ah my new reel ...... all good, I stand by my word.
 

Boss Wit NOS

Sealiner
Basspro wrote:
Boss Wit NOS wrote:
hmmmmmm

I think you forget I have a certain reel in my possession


Basspro wrote:
F1%hpa%te wrote:
HennieB wrote:
With that budget I would rather look at secondhand Delkims or Gardner TLB's
Going to struggle to find Delkims for under R3000 but not impossible. I have been after secondhand TLBs for ages and they seem to be scarcer than chicken teeth...

DELKIMS ......... the sound of that name alone makes me wanna throw up...over rated christmas tree. :? FOX all the way

Eishhh I know a few guys who fish with them.......now I'm gonna get shot down:uzi

 
Ah my new reel ...... all good, I stand by my word.


Age old debate I guess..

Plus if someone owned a delk and had an issue with it, that I can understand, but some ppl just knock it to get on a band wagon, nothing Christmas tree about two lights.

for now, im happy with the delks, I owned FOX alarms, and used TLBs that belonged to a friend, I have no issues with the delk and I finally can say I don't need to upgrade,

Atish, my suggestion is, perhaps look into waiting a bit longer and buying once off, not delks or TLBs, but whatever you decide, buy for the long run.

Good luck with your search man
 
Top