Good day to all I wish to inform you that the S

Jors

New member
Good day to all

I wish to inform you that the SA Carp Society (SACS) has taken over the bookings of all facilities at Kwaggahoek Dam from 6 May 2015. Although we started to involve SACS from 1 January 2015 we had to provide a grace period for non SACS members to get used to the idea because there were already some bookings made for 2015 and all had to be informed that they should become SACS members to fish the lake in future.

Gideon contacted SACS to get involved due to problems with some people not adhering to the lake's rules and some people just pitching up expected to be allowed to the facilities although intoxicated. The were also incidents of fish not being treated well. Through the SACS code of conduct to be implemented at the venue by anglers being SACS's members, Gideon hoped that problems experienced in the past could be rectified. It was more important for him to have ethical anglers at the venue than to have everyone visiting and give Kwaggahoek a bad name among decent anglers who wanted to rather enjoy proper big carp angling at the venue.

I wish to invite all who have visited Kwaggahoek Dam in the past to come and enjoy fishing the venue again. As mentioned, you will have to become a member of SACS in future but you will also receive some of the membership fee back at the end of the month you have fished the lake. You will also be sure that only proper anglers will be fishing next to you without the fear of loud music and people screaming at each other frequenting many other lakes.

We currently require that at least 1 person in a group must be a SACS member and he will take responsibility for the conduct of his friends to adhere to the code of conduct.

Only specimen angling will be allowed at Kwaggahoek Dam in future.

Please contact me at members@sacarpsociety.co.za for more information.

Kind regards,

Julius Klokow
President
SA Carp Society
 

Lance R

New member
This is definately the way forward to ensure that our sport grows through the correct management of the resources available to us and to repect our environment and fellow anglers.

As a SACS member I have enjoyed the advantages of angling a few of the venues made available to members. The membership fee is well worth it.

::tight:
 

HennieB

Sealiner
This is a bit of a good and bad move, good that it is now an exclusive specimen venue but bad for honest specimen anglers not part of SACS.
 

Basspro

Senior Member
What is SACS stand on actual 'fish management - i.e stocking carp - removing 'smaller fish' - ensuring value for money on the fish side of things besides venue & facilities?"

I have followed these links, website of SACS now for months & am just interested in what the future holds for big fish venues etc...
 

Lance R

New member
Hennie You have a valid point. There are honest specimem anglers whom are not members of SACS, the only issue is control, how would one differentiate?
 

Lance R

New member
Hi Basspro,

I am no expert in the field and may not be the best person to answer Your question with all the facts.

There are SACS venues which have showed steady growth in the average size of Carp due to the programmes being put in place. Electro netting is one method I am aware of that has been introduced with some success.

The member base is growing and in my opinion this is a good thing as collectively we will have more chance of having our voices heard and blow the whislte on unethical practices which have a negative impact on the future of our sport.
 

Jors

New member
1. SACS and the owner has taken the step to manage all bookings for the whole Kwaggahoek dam resort from 1 diary held by SACS. It is a lot easier to manage 1 diary than a second held by the owner also.

2. All anglers who want to fish the venue must adhere to the code of conduct of SACS and at least 1 person in the group must keep his friends in control, hence the SACS membership. (no misuse of alcohol, excessive noise, bad manners towards others, etc. will be tolerated)

3. The 6 Fisherman chalets located next to the dam may only be booked by anglers belonging to SACS. The 3 Kingfisher chalets may be booked by private people also but no fishing to be done by them unless part of SACS.

4. Fish management: Electro netting costs up to R30,000.00 at a venue for a week. Hence we cannot do it as often as we would like to. We have purchased 2 nets and the first one is already full of holes due to the bigger fish in Misty Lakes swimming right through it. It is manufactured of a material that would not hurt large fish.

5. Fish are getting bigger at Misty Lakes from previous fish management projects but with fish breeding there should be smaller fish also like in every normal lake. Please take note that SACS will only spend money on lakes visited by SACS members only and not where the general angling public are allowed.

6. SACS is working towards quality venues with proper big carp for members and the management of bookings at Kwaggahoek Dam is the result of hard work put in behind the scenes for 5 months to provide the owner with the peace of mind that bookings are done properly and only anglers who are passionate about fishing and who would also look after the big fish will be visiting his venue. (I am personally overseeing this)

6. There will always be people bad mouthing SACS due to their own hidden agendas. Stop listening to people who talk nonsense and become a part of the society and make up your own mind. I have been in full control of SACS the past 4-5 years and have put a lot of hard work with other committed people into the society. Rather join the only society for specimen anglers in South Africa and let us work together to achieve our common goals. You can contact me any time via E-mail or SMS as I am personally involve with the well-being and assistance of members also.
 

HennieB

Sealiner
Lance R wrote:
Hennie You have a valid point. There are honest specimem anglers whom are not members of SACS, the only issue is control, how would one differentiate?

It is almost impossible to control something like this unless you have a full time bailiff, unfortunately it's not very feasible in SA but it is a necessity. I'm not a sacs member and it's a shame that I won't be able to fish Kwaggashoek as I'm not someone who behaves like an idiot regardless if it's fishing, home etc. Guess I'll stick to my usual wild lakes.
 

britzlouis

New member
I have been fishing this venue for the past 3 year so now there is one more venue that I am not allowed to go and fish if I’m not a SACS member?

Most specimen anglers knows me and have their own opinions about me.

I was a member of SACS, I was even an Official at one stage and I have held 5 “The Donaldson Specimen Benefit” with SACS, I have guided lots of newbies in the past 3 years and even anglers that have been fishing for a year, in my opinion I have really given a lot of time to the sport in teaching newbies.

Yes I do agree, that I did miss behaved myself with my deceased friend, Tienus Creamer, but if I had a chance to change anything, I wouldn't change anything.And at the end of the day I was removed as a member with out any notes.

Then there is another thing that bothers me of SACS management. I wanted to book a swim at BOM, only to find that there was a certain SACS members spreading stories about me steeling/moving fish and that I’m known for making a racket next to the water?

If what I have done to assist SACS in growing the sport and assisting newbies to the sport and showing them the correct manner of doing the sport was not enough and if this is the thanks that I got at the end of the day just because I miss behave ones at a SACS venue, why should I be part of SACS ever again?

However I do agree with what SACS is trying to achieve, there is just a lack of communication/involvement from SACS side to its member. SACS need to be open to its member, don’t be around the bush.

There is a certain group of people in specimen angling that think they are more than the sport and they are the cream of the specimen world, but at the end of the day it is just fishing and Fishing is there to be enjoyed.

My R500 worth. Use it don’t use it.
 

KUSAF

Senior Member
JohannM wrote:
What programs are in place? The fish in SACS venues are getting smaller and smaller.

The reason they getting smaller and smaller must be due to 98% of SACS members fishing with GT baits.

Louis. Some valid points from you but still misbehaving next to the water is not on when fishing a SACS venue. Lets go and misbehave next to Tzaneen.

Jors. Maybe try and get one venue sorted and managed properly before trying to take on too many venues at once.
 

Eighty5ix

New member
I am from the Cape and have absolutely no say whatsoever anyway, but I think this is a great initiative.

There is too little being done by clubs with regards to protecting fish in South African dams.

I think over a time this should be implemented in all dams where fishing is concerned.
 

megafish

New member
People moaning about not being able to fish a venue because they are not willing to pay R50 a month for a good cause...I havent had the chance to fish a SACS venue in almost two years but I still support them...really guys...maybe if more joined SACS they could do more...
 

Beeslek

New member
This topic has been debated to death for years now,with no end in sight.Just take a look at the next topic about the new world record at Euro Aqua.If just one person took the initiative to establish ONE similar venue in S.A,the whole argument would be settled once and for all.Plus he would make a fortune.

Enough said.
 

megafish

New member
everyone wants to catch big and have secure safe nice friendly FUN VENUES.... but VERY few are willing to invest in it...
 

HennieB

Sealiner
megafish wrote:
People moaning about not being able to fish a venue because they are not willing to pay R50 a month for a good cause...I havent had the chance to fish a SACS venue in almost two years but I still support them...really guys...maybe if more joined SACS they could do more...
It's not even remotely about the money...
 

pabz0r

New member
SACS this, SACS that. How many venues in gauteng? None if i recall. Where are most anglers situated? Kusaf has a point, chuck the money into one venue, get it sorted, get the members to fork out the cash by actually going there. I have heard many guys say they are members but havent fished any of the venues. How will this be sustainable to the owner if nobody goes?
 

megafish

New member
HennieB wrote:
megafish wrote:
People moaning about not being able to fish a venue because they are not willing to pay R50 a month for a good cause...I havent had the chance to fish a SACS venue in almost two years but I still support them...really guys...maybe if more joined SACS they could do more...
It's not even remotely about the money...

So....whats it about???
 

megafish

New member
Personally I have been away with work a lot, otherwise I fish Venues as much as possible, but ask yourself...what are you doing to assist in the development of Carp Angling and its Venues

The whole "If you first build it we will come" attitude is a bit ...So die Motto van die storie is kry ees n moerse cool venue op gauteng se voorstoep propvol 40lbers dan kom ons, ma ons wil nie help nie net kom vang

maar dis mos hoe ons suid afrikaners geword het sien nie sie son skyn oor enige iemand nie, kyk neer op mekaar, kritiseer en kerm oor alles(R50 in die geval) o wag dit gaan nie daaroor nie
 
Top