FISHING YOURSELF SINGLE

I see that there are a lot of lucky okes out there.........and then there are some okes who are in the same boat as me.
I am on my second marriage.........1st wife says she left me because I fished too much, and present wife is considering doing the same. And the truth is, that I dont fish nearly as much as my mates (and their wives are very tolerant and understanding), but yet Im always in the K*K when it comes to my fishing.
I never drop the ball though, and Im seldom home late (apart from last weekend when i had trailer wheel issues on the way home from Yzerfontein) I am a devoted husband and Dad, and spend as much time with my kids as I can, but this gets overlooked. My marriage hangs on a thread, and yet I fish less and less, and this makes me very Grumpy at times.
Its a tough dice to roll guys, and a good balance is hard to find. My wife loves eating fish, but hates my fishing, and boy do i pay for those fishing weekends away with the boys.
What to do ???? I reckon Afrikaans girls are the answer, and I say this with respect. All my mates who married Afrikaans girls, get to fish whenever they want. Their wives even phone to see how its going, get up to make them coffee etc etc.
Maybe it'll get easier.........in fact i know it will, once my kids are old enough to join me at sea. I look forward to those days........and I'll get to own a bigger boat.
Cheers
RB
 

JasonF

Sealiner
rob billimore wrote:
I see that there are a lot of lucky okes out there.........and then there are some okes who are in the same boat as me.
I am on my second marriage.........1st wife says she left me because I fished too much, and present wife is considering doing the same. And the truth is, that I dont fish nearly as much as my mates (and their wives are very tolerant and understanding), but yet Im always in the K*K when it comes to my fishing.
I never drop the ball though, and Im seldom home late (apart from last weekend when i had trailer wheel issues on the way home from Yzerfontein) I am a devoted husband and Dad, and spend as much time with my kids as I can, but this gets overlooked. My marriage hangs on a thread, and yet I fish less and less, and this makes me very Grumpy at times.
Its a tough dice to roll guys, and a good balance is hard to find. My wife loves eating fish, but hates my fishing, and boy do i pay for those fishing weekends away with the boys.
What to do ???? I reckon Afrikaans girls are the answer, and I say this with respect. All my mates who married Afrikaans girls, get to fish whenever they want. Their wives even phone to see how its going, get up to make them coffee etc etc.
Maybe it'll get easier.........in fact i know it will, once my kids are old enough to join me at sea. I look forward to those days........and I'll get to own a bigger boat.
Cheers
RB
Rob I have one of these and wont trade her for any other. I think my record missed calls is 27 in one day. Was ek in die moeilikheid.


 
 

PlayOn

New member
Hi, had a quick read trough, and the different opinions quite interesting.
Made me think of a good friend of mine a while ago.

Woke up at 3am to go fishing, so the wife also wakes up and asks.

You want me (s**) (mild wording), or are you going fishing again.

He simply replied... Don't miss me!, and left

He had a non talking wife for a while, but yes, we love fishing, but I do believe everything should have a healthy balance
 

BTTB

Senior Member
Unless you are ignoring your family I think a wife that makes it an issue because her husband goes fishing doesn't deserve that man.
There is not a better sport out there that can unstress a man than fishing.

I wonder if these wives will be so concerned about your hobby when you have been married for more than 20 years as I think they would probably encourage you to get out of the house and her hair in a manner of speaking.

The other day at the Krantz one person commented about a young couple that came down to fish and that they were likely not married yet as she was coming down with him and that if they did get married one day, the excuse would probably be that she is bored, cold or some other reason not to go with.

Sorry to hear about your problems Rob. If they could only experience that adrenaline rush we seek and maybe they would also become keen on the sport.
Cant you take your wife on a trip.
If you were fishing when your wife met you then she should know what makes you happy and understand. It is another thing to suddenly start up fishing.

Anyway I hope it all pans out.
 

Jules

New member
Guys it goes both ways. One weekend hers and one mine. With some planning all works well in my favour. Just choose every second weekend. Its spring tide! That works for me very well. After all we are married to be one not one away all the time!
 
rob billimore wrote:
I see that there are a lot of lucky okes out there.........and then there are some okes who are in the same boat as me.
I am on my second marriage.........1st wife says she left me because I fished too much, and present wife is considering doing the same. And the truth is, that I dont fish nearly as much as my mates (and their wives are very tolerant and understanding), but yet Im always in the K*K when it comes to my fishing.
I never drop the ball though, and Im seldom home late (apart from last weekend when i had trailer wheel issues on the way home from Yzerfontein) I am a devoted husband and Dad, and spend as much time with my kids as I can, but this gets overlooked. My marriage hangs on a thread, and yet I fish less and less, and this makes me very Grumpy at times.
Its a tough dice to roll guys, and a good balance is hard to find. My wife loves eating fish, but hates my fishing, and boy do i pay for those fishing weekends away with the boys.
What to do ???? I reckon Afrikaans girls are the answer, and I say this with respect. All my mates who married Afrikaans girls, get to fish whenever they want. Their wives even phone to see how its going, get up to make them coffee etc etc.
Maybe it'll get easier.........in fact i know it will, once my kids are old enough to join me at sea. I look forward to those days........and I'll get to own a bigger boat.
Cheers
RB

TRUE!!!

Afrikaans girls/vrouens...is die beste!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • Mel&Galjoen.jpeg
    Mel&Galjoen.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 103

Fredster

Senior Member
This is my father-in-laws chirp:

i gave my wife her first fishing rod and reel on our 1st wedding anniversary 20 years ago....and I'm still using it. :)
 

Mouldz

Sealiner
My cuzins wife did everything for him,I mean everything,when they came to Port Alfred for a fishing weekend he would lie on the couch while she packed the car,early in their marriage
she used to go on the boat with him and even fillet his sards for him,I am not exagerating,they got divorced last month,be careful your wife or chick might look happy but one day she will up and leave,
 

200ts

Senior Member
Fishing whats that??? i got married in august, most of this year was done preparing for the wedding honeymoon etc. I got no leave left for december fishing :( , i normally go to durbs for at least 2 weeks generally and during the year. This year well its not going to happen but definately next year. just trying to lay a solid foundation :) . My wife does know that im passionate about fishing and its not going to change so we will see. At least last year on my last trip neptune rewarded me with a 50kg honey..... ( honeycomb ray :). i upgraded my g3 with bigger eyes fuji winch etc last year jan, and never touched the rod afterwards.

good luck guys and all the best.
 

Strepie

Sealiner
For the guys struggling with their wives/girlfriends - it is maybe not a fishing thing. Take a step back and look at it from a different angle. Maybe they just want out and is now using fishing as an excuse.
 

Strepie

Sealiner
BTW - my wife still packs broodjies,drinks,etc. for a trip after 10 years of marriage. I still have fond memories of our honeymoon. By day five she was chasing me out of bed to go fishing - everything already packed. It is a give and take situation though. You have to make up for the time not with them but it must be quality time and not quantity(money).
 
BTTB wrote:
Unless you are ignoring your family I think a wife that makes it an issue because her husband goes fishing doesn't deserve that man.
There is not a better sport out there that can unstress a man than fishing.

I wonder if these wives will be so concerned about your hobby when you have been married for more than 20 years as I think they would probably encourage you to get out of the house and her hair in a manner of speaking.

The other day at the Krantz one person commented about a young couple that came down to fish and that they were likely not married yet as she was coming down with him and that if they did get married one day, the excuse would probably be that she is bored, cold or some other reason not to go with.

Sorry to hear about your problems Rob. If they could only experience that adrenaline rush we seek and maybe they would also become keen on the sport.
Cant you take your wife on a trip.
If you were fishing when your wife met you then she should know what makes you happy and understand. It is another thing to suddenly start up fishing.

Anyway I hope it all pans out.

Morning G

I have taken her on a few trips, and before kids she was OK with it. I once took her to the Transkei, and I had a great trip, caught 13 species, some really nice fish. But then came kids.............and everything changed !

Its a constant battle, but I am always looking for common ground, so hopefully it gets easier.

Cheers

RB
 

Def-e-nition

Sealiner
rob billimore wrote:
BTTB wrote:
Unless you are ignoring your family I think a wife that makes it an issue because her husband goes fishing doesn't deserve that man.
There is not a better sport out there that can unstress a man than fishing.

I wonder if these wives will be so concerned about your hobby when you have been married for more than 20 years as I think they would probably encourage you to get out of the house and her hair in a manner of speaking.

The other day at the Krantz one person commented about a young couple that came down to fish and that they were likely not married yet as she was coming down with him and that if they did get married one day, the excuse would probably be that she is bored, cold or some other reason not to go with.

Sorry to hear about your problems Rob. If they could only experience that adrenaline rush we seek and maybe they would also become keen on the sport.
Cant you take your wife on a trip.
If you were fishing when your wife met you then she should know what makes you happy and understand. It is another thing to suddenly start up fishing.

Anyway I hope it all pans out.

Morning G

I have taken her on a few trips, and before kids she was OK with it. I once took her to the Transkei, and I had a great trip, caught 13 species, some really nice fish. But then came kids.............and everything changed !

Its a constant battle, but I am always looking for common ground, so hopefully it gets easier.

Cheers

RB

Ja Nee jong , We're in the same bootjie . Definitely .

 yesterday , at work , i suffered a Mild (?) heart palpitation , due to the amount of Stress I put myself under . years back i said I would not stand back if i wanted to go fishing , as it is something that has a hunger that constantly requires Feeding , success or Not, be Damned .

This year due to the continuouis Threats I have had to on several occasions , bite My lip and Grumble around the house due to Not being "allowed"(?) to go fishing .

 she has since changed her tune and nonchalantly told me i really don't Need her permission to go fish and i can really go fishing whenever i want to - but I don't believe that ! I can Tell there's a sense of sarcastic under-tone to it .

 what Grates my Gat-spiere is that the Kids and , more Importantly , as a Family , we don't Go down to , say , hartenbos , for Example , and do something together , much as I've  tried .THAT-That bugs me to bits . Why she Can't Thumbs up a suggestion like that is a mystery .

 i have often Joked and said that my suggestions are Just Missing the Wrong finger , 2 up from the Middle one !!

 

It Would make such a difference were she to allow the kiddies along - Not always - but when fishing hartenbos for Eg , -it would't hurt to let em come ,or Make a trip down with them , for Me .

What does Stu do for her?

well- she wanted 2 joys . i gave em to her .she wanted a bigger place- i gave that to her too . I digress I would like to spend more time WITH them , but the thing about fishing is that it's weather dependent, works only 4 months of the year , REALLY , and even though you behave and hou jou in for the good times- the vrou always somehow seems to find ways means n excuses to grill you so hard your undies Catch fire .

She's been understanding by allowing Me to Go fishing , i just wish she would understand that it's Not always that i enjoy doing it alone . some family support would be Nice , and the Way she Treats it is like she's almost bang if she does it once , that it will show she approves too much of My family Day outings , and that i Might Ask her to repeat the day sometime in the future .

That's the whole friggin idea , damnit ..........

My son Loves coming with . Vrou , no .

Says she has More important and valuable things to do . Granted- but if you got those things to do - well- Let me fish - I'm Not in a pub , I'm Not in Lolly's Sweet parlour , I'm Fishing .

I'm also out of her hair . It would be another thing if we were soul-mates , the kinds of people Who simply can't Dream of being without the other one for a second each day ;cuz we aren't that way inclined . I Just get annoyed when i Stay home to do some Family stuff- and she decides "ok -i've stopped him fishing - before we go to the mall-time for a nap " -   and then we dont SEE the Mall at ALL .............

#$%*@#$#%$#$#$%$%%%$$#$%$%% 

 

Moet My dan Nie Blammeer as ek die duiwel in is oor sulke goed nie ......

ASS .

A.

BLIEF . ............:(:cens:cens:cens:cens:X:X:X:uzi:uzi:uzi:uzi:uzi:swear:swear

 
 

Blaasop

Sealiner
:fswim

Galjoen, die prentjie is amper volmaak...pragtige dame, vis en kleur van die water.

Jammer die hengelaar spoil dit 'n bietjie!
 
Top