FISHING YOURSELF SINGLE

damian27

Sealiner
zulu-X-treme wrote:
Well gents by the sounds of things I'm very fortunate... lol. My wife wakes up at 3:30 in the morning, makes me a cup of coffee, boils some eggs, makes some sammies, watches me load my gear and then happily drives me to the waters edge where she will drop me off... Later I'll call her as I'm paddling home and there she will be patiently waiting for me as I land... I can't complain...

On days when I'm fishing Rock and Surf, she'll happily accompany me, blanket and book in toe. Of course if it's The Boys' and I or an over-nighter, well that's no place for a woman... lol.

Maybe it's because the only thing she has to do that night is make a salad as I have caught supper, maybe it's because I don't complain when I have to go to the movies and watch a 'girlie' movie with her, maybe it's because she doesn't have to beg me to hang a shelf or fix something or maybe it's because woman enjoy being taken out to supper at some fancy place once in a blue moon or maybe it's because I'll happily walk around town with her while she looks at and touches everything...lol. I don't know...

But after being with her for 23 years all I can say is that as long as both parties are giving 100% then everything should be fine...

OH! Yes the best thing of all is I can store my bait in the Deep-freeze... lol.

nice one zulu. thats what its all about hey, TEAM WORK is key.

 
 

Zane

New member
Hi my name is Zane and I have a fishing addiction,

This was a very interesting social exercise and what I can draw from it is that it being a working day and that the posts are flying around like crazy during working hours leads me to conclude that you are all Sealine fishing addicts who are in denial about how balanced they are!

So it goes to prove that fishing overules common sense and family values. I have the contact details of an affordable divorce litagator if anyone is interseted. LOL!!!

Tight lines...
 

Mouldz

Sealiner
Zane wrote:
Hi my name is Zane and I have a fishing addiction,

This was a very interesting social exercise and what I can draw from it is that it being a working day and that the posts are flying around like crazy during working hours leads me to conclude that you are all Sealine fishing addicts who are in denial about how balanced they are!

So it goes to prove that fishing overules common sense and family values. I have the contact details of an affordable divorce litagator if anyone is interseted. LOL!!!

Tight lines...

Hi my name is Sheldon I have a Sealine addiction,
 

BigBen

Sealiner
My name is Ben Im on crack...I "crack' me up over this..LOL

Kom ons gaan vis more...die SE gaan bitjie lê..
 
zulu-X-treme wrote:
Well gents by the sounds of things I'm very fortunate... lol. My wife wakes up at 3:30 in the morning, makes me a cup of coffee, boils some eggs, makes some sammies, watches me load my gear and then happily drives me to the waters edge where she will drop me off... Later I'll call her as I'm paddling home and there she will be patiently waiting for me as I land... I can't complain...

On days when I'm fishing Rock and Surf, she'll happily accompany me, blanket and book in toe. Of course if it's The Boys' and I or an over-nighter, well that's no place for a woman... lol.

Maybe it's because the only thing she has to do that night is make a salad as I have caught supper, maybe it's because I don't complain when I have to go to the movies and watch a 'girlie' movie with her, maybe it's because she doesn't have to beg me to hang a shelf or fix something or maybe it's because woman enjoy being taken out to supper at some fancy place once in a blue moon or maybe it's because I'll happily walk around town with her while she looks at and touches everything...lol. I don't know...

But after being with her for 23 years all I can say is that as long as both parties are giving 100% then everything should be fine...

OH! Yes the best thing of all is I can store my bait in the Deep-freeze... lol.

...that's the way it should be!!!!!

:clap12:clap12:clap12
 

Cheetha FS

Sealiner
MOULDIE wrote:
Blaasop wrote:
Sorry for being a pedant chaps, but its "foul", not "fowl language".

Pedantry is an obsession with linguistic precision

See you also have an addiction::S::S::S welcome to Sealine Anonymous
Jis ouens ek voel sorry vir daai booikie! As sy vrou die posts moet kry slaap hy op die strand vanaand en dan word hy n bergie se lover. Ek dink nog steed dat ek nie langs die viswaters kan staan as ek weet daar is probleme by die huis nie. Ek meen n mens geniet die dag nie eers nie. Ek hoop jy sort jou probleme uit chom. Liefde kos niks op die einde van die dag nie.
 

Mouldz

Sealiner
Blaasop wrote:
:walk Oops...Mouldie got me there!
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery,follow the ten step programme.
1.TAKE OUT DVDS ON JUCKSKIE AND LAWN BOWLS
2.HAVE A BON FIRE NIGHT BURN ALL YOUR TACKLE
3.MOVE TO TWEEBUFFELSMETEENSKOOTGESKIETFONTIEN SO YOU WONT BE TEMPTED TO GO FISH
4.TAKE UP NEEDLE POINT TO TAKE YOUR MIND OFF FISHING
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
Sorry went fishing

.
 

Attachments

  • aFu_BangingYourHead.gif
    aFu_BangingYourHead.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 162

TOE 007

Sealiner
whats this bollocks about Balance????? , i DISAGREE STRONGLY !!!!LOL


fish , eat , sleep , fish, eat , sleep fish eatt sleep , get some on the side 'los tjoppie' !

theres plenty of Birds that will gladly take you !
what you see is what you get , and not what you smell is what you get .

i miss the past like 6 girls i was involved with thought , even that Full of **** one , the trauma couselling helped after i had to deal with her jazz.
 

mark norval

Sealiner
Cheetha FS wrote:
MOULDIE wrote:
Blaasop wrote:
Sorry for being a pedant chaps, but its "foul", not "fowl language".

Pedantry is an obsession with linguistic precision

See you also have an addiction::S::S::S welcome to Sealine Anonymous
Jis ouens ek voel sorry vir daai booikie! As sy vrou die posts moet kry slaap hy op die strand vanaand en dan word hy n bergie se lover. Ek dink nog steed dat ek nie langs die viswaters kan staan as ek weet daar is probleme by die huis nie. Ek meen n mens geniet die dag nie eers nie. Ek hoop jy sort jou probleme uit chom. Liefde kos niks op die einde van die dag nie.

Tenminste het ons mekaar lief. Ons hoef nie materialistiese
en aardse goed vermekaar te gee om dit te wys nie. Sy lees dit wat ek skryf en sy gee nie om nie. Sy weet ons praat n klomp gemors hier, ( behalwe vis vang ). En as ek op die strand slaap is dit fine ek weet sy sal saam my daar gan slaap duur laag en hoog getuie. Ek het nooit probleme by die huis om uit te sorteer nie, so ek het altyd n skoon gewete. Ek kook elke aand vir, ek was die was goed, ek help huis skoon maak ek kyk elke aand saam haar movies selfs die girly movies... Doen jy dit? jy koop iets en move? Die hele gesprek word n gestry. Ons will nie praat oor girls hier nie. Die is n VISVANG forum BOET!
 

Def-e-nition

Sealiner
Eish .. This Man puts up a topic that i Know I'm juggling with right now .
ek is Vrikkin Naby ou maat , baie naby .....

All the Reports , trips and blapses i put up , all come at a pain-staking price .

If you're not a weather or conditions reader , you tend to have to do wat i do -double-tap on the time down at the beach in order to make up for crappy weather judgement .So i might go down to the beach , the conditions or tide are not up to "galjoen"scratch , and Saturday evening again i find myself leke in my tjops because i have to go down again to make up for the wednesday Blank .

My kids, how i love them so , are special to me like nothing on earth - and yet , if the weather's right , it is extremely difficult for me to tie Myself away from a long stretch of beach ....It's Not even that I'm gOOD at it , cuz I'm bloody Terrible , but my love for fishing , nature , that being by the beach bit , and the allure of a tussle with mr Muscle , is what keeps pulling me back for more .
Mommy has simply no Inclination whatsoever , to bring the kiddies down ,and sit and watch as Mr average goes at it hell for leather on the beach .

I don't Know what I'd do if i Lost My Kids .

One thing is for sure : I work under extreme pressure .I use fishing as a means of restoring the balance back into my life .
the hairdresser thing is a good idea .

My family does not suffer in any way shape or form , through my fishing , all except for the one fundamental , important , dire Requirement : Time .
there are Days, when , to make her feel better , I sms her and tell her what an utterly stupid idea it was to come down tonight/day . The only way to solve my problem would be to Read the water Carefully, and plan ahead .
i hate Leaving the family behind , and it's not as if I'm heading to Kraanse , or Meidebanke , to go and fish all the time . Compromise is on the cards , but She's not receptive to me fishing while the kids play. Kla .

To be honest i'd Feel much better and Sacrifice a Saturday or sunday , at the beach , with the Kids . Gazebo up , Chairs out , talking , while I exchange baits with the water .
'we tried it , and she simply finds Very Little allure Of being close to the Sea . This makes me extremely despondent sometimes .

So, in short : yes , i do solidly believe that if measures are not taken to restore some balance- pretty soon the guy is whistling himself to the beach - and , ultimately - a Vrou wat hom los .

ýou lot who've been married for so long need count yourself lucky -Those women who are so understanding , are surely a breed apart .
i dont think they realize completely what their unselfsh act's impact has on a man's outlook for the day .

Nothing beats the magical combination of pairing one's own hobby , with a bt of company from the kiddies and the voru .

Kids Take up a Large contingent of my time, right behind Work . few things have been nicer than to see my son nail a fish .

But you're right , man , you got to have balance .

My fishing don't pay the bills though , which Motivates me to stick it out , for longer .

A Vicious Circle , indeed ....... and One tat , ultimately , i Think lindie is going to lose ( me gone fishing ) and Win....( them gone Bye-bye ) .


Glad to see I'm not the only One On Sealine , who's Learnt to dodge bullets .
 

Mr J

Senior Member
Im newly married, 7 months and up to now i don't pick up too much flack when I go fishing. I guess the real test still lies ahead when kids come  and family responsibilties increase and so priorities have to be juggled. I am quite confident that I'd be able to work thru that one since I have a very capable wife.

I take my hat off to someone like Zulu Xtreme who shows us that it can be done and that it takes 2 to tango.  Something that works for me is when I do catch fish is prepare it myself which gives her a break from the pots. (win-win situatiuon for her :))

To digress a little...I have however encountered on the other that SOME women can really be problematic and  in this regard when its time to give the boy some time to himself to go and fish. I cite an example where someone I know first had to put his daughter to sleep before he could go fishing whilst wifey goes to friends (FFS!!!) I mean this guy cooks cleans and does a hard days work..... to cut a long story short the fishing trip was a stuff up and I can go on and on and on... Time and Tide waits for no Man!

I guess it takes all sorts......
 

Wayne

Sealiner
Have had no problems like this in my life....I had a GF that used to fish with me,but we broke up because of other reasons (not that she used to out fish me..lol )....now me got another GF...well if I wanna go fishing,I go no hassels at all,she lives in Fishhoek and even calls me to tell me the fish are biting am I going to make it there for a week or so...then the weekends she drives up to where I live and we go fish,kids and all..I even get ME TIME....so I am a blessed and very happy camper...
 

Blaasop

Sealiner
::cop: Internet Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Police (IGPSP) at your service.

What's the situation on the ground?
 
Top