Estuary fishing

What is the needed to do some estuary fishing from your kayak, regarding safety equipment needed, licences, equipment needed on boat, not tackle but required by law. Do you also need to get a number for the kayak if doing estuary fishing? Thanks.................
 

Psy

Sealiner
I found these slow sinking Yo-Zuri shrimp look-alikes...will be giving them a gooi in the estuary close to my house, if time allows.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG1226.jpg
    IMAG1226.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 339

Psy

Sealiner
Yebo... I want to try them on the grunter. They are holographic and the white one also blinks in die aand ! So wie weet...kom ons kyk..
 

Psy

Sealiner
:::S

I bought those 2 at Walmart in the USA.

I believe they can be found at Solly's in Booysens.
 

Attachments

  • IMAG1225.jpg
    IMAG1225.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 286

Psy

Sealiner
I hope so...only issue is getting fouled in the grass and weeds.
I have had pulls on a 'crawfish' soft plastic too, but when it hooks grass, it scares the fish off.
So I think best is to fish it off a sandy bottom.
The lagoon here has channels running in-between the weed, I think will be the place to start anyway.

:)
 

Stapies

Sealiner
Psy wrote:
I hope so...only issue is getting fouled in the grass and weeds.
I have had pulls on a 'crawfish' soft plastic too, but when it hooks grass, it scares the fish off.
So I think best is to fish it off a sandy bottom.
The lagoon here has channels running in-between the weed, I think will be the place to start anyway.

:)

Best would be to sneak with your yuk to where these fish tail... They make a mud cloud when tailing and if you cast the prawn lure in the dark patch just let it sink and the lure should do its own work... I have a small one which floats, but has a lip, so when I cast it I pull it into the cloud and then let it slowly rise, and the lure does all the work with you doing very little...
 

Stapies

Sealiner
It should give a magical action and in the "dust cloud" you will neuk the grunter up!!! I have a spot in littlebrak you will have loads of fun! They tale so often you cant believe it! And you see the shoals of fish come in!!!
 

klippies

Member
Stapies, I am comming down your way in Dec, my outlaw baught a place between klein and groot brak, was thinking of trying kleinbrak. Can you give me some info on the area?

tx  
 

Stapies

Sealiner
Ek kan vir jou baie info gee en jou help met die area... Hang net af wat jy wil vang. My nommer is 074 agt een 3 599 drie. Bel my nader aan die tyd en ek sal advise...
 
Top