Hi guys........I am goin fishing soon at blakes beach or macassar and just wanna know what the dropshotting is like? If it is worth it I would like to know what is the best tackle to use(Berkley Gulp) and what is the best size to use?
If you followed ESA you would have seen lots of klipvisse caught on drop shot and not much else, personally I think that dropshotting is a waste of time::craz. Pulling up a chair,who's bringing the popcorn
I caught some nice stump on the dropshot a few weeks ago in Saldanha harbor, there were heaps of local guys fishing with handlines from the wall and i put them to shame with the cammo worms!
Have caught 1 Kob in melkbos on the Dropshot, but only started late in the season, going to give it more effort next season!
If you followed ESA you would have seen lots of klipvisse caught on drop shot and not much else, personally I think that dropshotting is a waste of time::craz. Pulling up a chair,who's bringing the popcorn
Dropshot does catch big fish. Personally I believe that a cheap bucktail jig is just as effective though! The False bay coast has not produced for me yet as the kelp is a bastard. Having said that, I have been broken off twice by big fish - probably Steenbras - at Koellbaai (?spelling) on camoworm.