Cape of storms lives up to its name once again!

Dorado75

Sealiner
royboy wrote:
Bliksem Wayne!!!!! Wow!!!!

Wonder if the Salvage Operators will get her off? As long as she doesn't get holed and create another environmental mess!!!!!

We are down at BB next week from Thursday evening - are you around mate?
I have heard from one of the guys that was up there yesterday involved with a salvage company, and as far as spills go there is no chance of that as these are empty barges.
 

At Last

Senior Member
Thank goodness for that,no Oil but plenty of scrap iron, will they ever be able to move that HUNK of steel????
 

Dorado75

Sealiner
At Last wrote:
Thank goodness for that,no Oil but plenty of scrap iron, will they ever be able to move that HUNK of steel????
I am sure that the salvors will figure something out once the sea settles as there will be a  BIG  paycheck for whoever can get the job done! 
 

tauruck

Sealiner
Great Pics. Thanks. Us humans are optimists hey. I'm a Vaalie and if someone suggested to me that we should stack stuff that high and take it out on the high seas I would have laughed my A off. On a good day that"Block of Flats" is iffy, now put that Sail area for want of a better word in the "Breeze" and there's the result. What do I know, they are the experts. Africa is tough!!!
 

Wally Mathee

New member
For a Vaalie you're making sense! I am seagoing and I fully agree with you! That this block of flats never capsized is a miracle. It's amazing what weird and wonderful structures you see out there!
 

thika

Sealiner
Was also in the Cape last week and took these shots at Gordons Bay

The boat sank in the harbour!
 

Attachments

  • Elands Baai Junie 2009 087.jpg
    Elands Baai Junie 2009 087.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 72

thika

Sealiner
Oncoming wave about to collide with a refracted wave...on the way to Hangklip
 

Attachments

  • Elands Baai Junie 2009 105.jpg
    Elands Baai Junie 2009 105.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 71
Top