Building a 9ft spinning rod

Windknot

New member
This is a long term project for me and I hope you guys will be able to help. I would like to build a 9ft spinning rod capable of casting 2,5 to 4 oz spinners. The reel would ideally be a Shimano Saragossa 5000 with 20 to 30 pd braid. Here is the kicker, I would ideally like a 3 piece so can anyone recommend a blank, reelseats, grip material and suitable eyes without breaking the bank. The idea is to use the rod for spinning of the bricks for yellowtail, elf and leeries. 
 

tauruck

Sealiner
You might want to build a winding setup. Wrapping a rod by hand is difficult. Here are two pics that might help. You can use readily available products to build a machine.
 

Attachments

  • Rb1.JPG
    Rb1.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 146

Windknot

New member
Thanks for the info, I had something similar in mind. Any ideas on what blanks I can use though. Something with a fast action without being a broomstick, a little bit softer than the Exage and 50 to 120g lure casting range.

 
 

tauruck

Sealiner
Windknot wrote:
Thanks for the info, I had something similar in mind. Any ideas on what blanks I can use though. Something with a fast action without being a broomstick, a little bit softer than the Exage and 50 to 120g lure casting range.

 
On that I have no clue. Kums should be able to answer that one.
 

Windknot

New member
I am looking at a Purglass 250/2 two piece blank as an option. Does anyone know what the lure and line weight range for this blank would be. I felt the blank and even though its listed as med/fast, med weight there seems to be litlle other info on the website. Anyone out ther with an opinion?

 
 
Top