Blue marlin 10ft G3

roland

Sealiner
Any one using this rod? I saw it, felt it and now i want it. Think it will be nice to throw lures and spoons on the surf with it
 

ebs

Sealiner
hey bud

i had the 12ft trueflex blue marlin

its nice and all and im sure it can catch a nice bank fish, however the true flex is "apparenly" is chinese made and not produced locally.

i could be wrong but this is what i was told

overall, i think its good value for money

ebs
 

roland

Sealiner
The only thing that swings me to the 10% not to get it , is that it is a 3piece. On that lenght it makes it look crooked lol
 

The Moose

Senior Member
I was also looking at the 11 or 12ft rod for Elf or Galjoen fishing, but what has put me off is the smallish eyes. But if your fishing braid without a leader, Im sure it will be fine. Its fairly light, and has a decent enough back bone.
 

Mr J

Senior Member
The Moose wrote:
I was also looking at the 11 or 12ft rod for Elf or Galjoen fishing, but what has put me off is the smallish eyes. But if your fishing braid without a leader, Im sure it will be fine. Its fairly light, and has a decent enough back bone.

Was also looking at the same rod (BM) and had the same observation concerning the eyes . I opted for the 10 foot Sensation shad pro spinning and it came in hmg nogal along with good quality rod eyes... Couple a months later bought a 12ft Sensation shad pro casting.. good rods I think!

 

Cheers and Good Luck :SSS
 

Oosie

Senior Member
Hi Roland, I am using the 10ft Blue Marlin here in Angola for spinning(from CM, Jbay), also small eyes, with braid. Using the Alivio 6000FA with it. Very balanced and light outfit which allow you to spin for hours without feeling it. Caught the 10.5kg JC in my avatar with it, so it can also take the punch.
 
Top