Bloemhof bonanza

delwynv

Member
@Dech01 - bloemhof is simple

'throw a bait and catch a fish' as craig once said
fish were biting of pretty much any thing

theres allot of posts on bloemhof dam just do a search on the forum?


any specific advise that you need?
 

Dech01

New member
Hi

Ja just how the terrain looks like at the Bloemhof Nature Reserve . I have a small Kia Picanto so there is no 4x4
and more or les where to sit

Thankx
 
I've been hearing alot of complaints from guys who have been there about snags in the water....resulting a lot of lost fish, traces getting broken off. When the water was low before the floods there was alot of grass and shrubs, so guys will be fishing straight into that morass....but I don't know about further down from the bridge....might be better there.
The terrain at the Nature Reserve can get a bit uneven, I guess you will just need to go see for yourself....but I figure you should be okay IF it doesnt rain too much....
 
Dech01 wrote:
Hi

I will do so is is that at the Sandveld or Bloemhof nature reserve

That spot is for Bloemhof nature reserve.

If you go to Sandveld you shouldn't have issues with snags, but try to camp close to the bridge, the water is deep there.
Sandveld is the better location in my opinion, but it gets really crowded on some weekends.
 
Top