Best Bait in East London

Pixel_Ninja

Sealiner
darrenk wrote:
one stop fish shop or quality baits..dont buy bait from bilimoria anymore
I went fishing with a mate of mine and he was getting pulled vas virtually every throw with his prawn from QB, my billmoria prawn produced only half hearted bites. He offered me a prawn and I got pulled flat the next 2 casts 2 fish. Maybe it was just coincedence but dam, convinced me that QB>BM havnt tried the other types of baits all that much to comment, but the prawn sucked :p
 

AD97

Senior Member
Where is QB in East London. Normally stop off in Bilmoria Beacon bay as that is not to far of the route down to Cannon Rocks.
 

boepens

Sealiner
Hey chaps bought at one stop before christmas and got good bait at a decent price but last week the guy tried to rip me 30 bucks each for average mackies ? Bilimoria was way cheaper then but I want to try bait man they in sbdc ?
 

darrenk

Senior Member
quality baits is in that sbdc yes..they are not bait man. mackies are very very scarce here which is probably why they were expensive
 
Yeah, go for Quality Baits, it's abit pricey but the bait looks so good and fresh! Bait Man prawns look dodgy, but I like how they individually pack their sardines. I buy most of my bait at Target Line.
 

Pixel_Ninja

Sealiner
dazzyd1985 wrote:
Yeah, go for Quality Baits, it's abit pricey but the bait looks so good and fresh! Bait Man prawns look dodgy, but I like how they individually pack their sardines. I buy most of my bait at Target Line.
QFT

Dazzy boi! When we going for a throw?
 

guy4245

New member
hey chaps

what do you use Mackies for....sharks?

for Cob i assume i am covered with pillies, Chokka and will try live bait?

any other recommendations?

Seems like target line is the preferred spot, any contact names, just to make sure i use some connection to get the freshest.....:SSS

thanks

 
 

DaleBotha

New member

Shop No. 3,Schwedhelm Centre

Main Road, Gonubie

East London

 

GIVE IT LINE SPECIAL: 1KG PILLIES R18 (MONDAYS ONLY) GREAT INSTORE DEALS!
 

Mr J

Senior Member
guy4245 wrote:
hey chaps

what do you use Mackies for....sharks?

for Cob i assume i am covered with pillies, Chokka and will try live bait?

any other recommendations?

Seems like target line is the preferred spot, any contact names, just to make sure i use some connection to get the freshest.....:SSS

thanks

 
Ask for Dean or Shane. They normally very helpful with no BS.
 

Mr J

Senior Member
guy4245 wrote:
anyone know if target line is open on sundays, i will be there this sunday and need bait?
No mate sorry target line not open on Sundays. I would go to TJ's in Greenfields they are a little more expensive ( BY couple a rands but the bait is always fresh!)
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
boepens wrote:
Hey chaps bought at one stop before christmas and got good bait at a decent price but last week the guy tried to rip me 30 bucks each for average mackies ? Bilimoria was way cheaper then but I want to try bait man they in sbdc ?

Tony from One Stop was killed in an accident a few weeks back so not sure what the future will hold there.

Quality baits in the SBDC have good bait except I have often found their chokka to be below par at times. I buy most of my bait at Quality Baits.

I was blown away when I heard how cheap the PE guys get Chokka when compared to EL. We really get ripped off.
 

Mr J

Senior Member
FLUKE wrote:
boepens wrote:
Hey chaps bought at one stop before christmas and got good bait at a decent price but last week the guy tried to rip me 30 bucks each for average mackies ? Bilimoria was way cheaper then but I want to try bait man they in sbdc ?

Tony from One Stop was killed in an accident a few weeks back so not sure what the future will hold there.

Quality baits in the SBDC have good bait except I have often found their chokka to be below par at times. I buy most of my bait at Quality Baits.

I was blown away when I heard how cheap the PE guys get Chokka when compared to EL. We really get ripped off.
Yip we do get shafted here in EL the only say you have is as to how you gonna get shafted, WITH or WITHOUT vaseline!
 

catchme2

New member
if you guys think you getting shafted, wait till you compare to Cape Town prices are rediculous. :swear:swear:swear
 

boepens

Sealiner
Hey chaps chokka not expensive when u got a contact hahahehe
I buy prawns at spar in 600g bag for 80bucks fresh and loose in bag so u can take out what u want .
Bilimoria got great mackie right now I was in this morning all bait is fresh in looks good
 
Top