Dis ok al wat jy op die brein het is Threshers en natuurlik daai aaklige foto wat jy gestuur het!I recon it will work great and even better for hammering the treshers on the mountain by standing on the harbour with a SE that pumps with a floating bait(big chokka)....
Can work wonderfully...
Stapies wrote:Dis ok al wat jy op die brein het is Threshers en natuurlik daai aaklige foto wat jy gestuur het!I recon it will work great and even better for hammering the treshers on the mountain by standing on the harbour with a SE that pumps with a floating bait(big chokka)....
Can work wonderfully...
Marthin wrote:camboy... but it could work VERY VERY well with a SE at any of the westcoast spots... i'm thinking ganzekraal, Bontkop, Haakgat, Melkbos itself towards Slabberts etc. Dwarskersbos.... you might be onto a winner here...
I would suggest like fluffy said above... 4kg breaking strain from baloon to a swivel with your trace coming from there... a decent tug by either yourself or a fish should break that off clean....
@Marthin, you might be onto something here. I've been toying with this idea for some time but didn't know how. From Slabber se Klip there is an open area in the kelp before you get the next reef. I have always said that one should get your bait in between the two reefs in deep water. OK, one will have to contend with the Cow sharks, but shouldn't one also encounter Geelbek and Cob there?
... and I have a whole box of Government issue condoms that have passed their "use before" dates that can be put to good use....

He he he...ek hou Tannie Kaspaas baaaaie ver weg van my hengelgerei en al die goodies wat daarmee gepaard gaan. As sy net 'n klein idee kry van wat die versameling hengelgerei my in totaal gekos het, is daar definitief gesinsmoord in Melkbosstrand!kaspaas wrote:
Ek hoop net Tannie Kaspaas weet van die boks expired condoms!Marthin wrote:@Marthin, you might be onto something here. I've been toying with this idea for some time but didn't know how. From Slabber se Klip there is an open area in the kelp before you get the next reef. I have always said that one should get your bait in between the two reefs in deep water. OK, one will have to contend with the Cow sharks, but shouldn't one also encounter Geelbek and Cob there?camboy... but it could work VERY VERY well with a SE at any of the westcoast spots... i'm thinking ganzekraal, Bontkop, Haakgat, Melkbos itself towards Slabberts etc. Dwarskersbos.... you might be onto a winner here...
I would suggest like fluffy said above... 4kg breaking strain from baloon to a swivel with your trace coming from there... a decent tug by either yourself or a fish should break that off clean....
... and I have a whole box of Government issue condoms that have passed their "use before" dates that can be put to good use....![]()
Mike Smith wrote:He he he...ek hou Tannie Kaspaas baaaaie ver weg van my hengelgerei en al die goodies wat daarmee gepaard gaan. As sy net 'n klein idee kry van wat die versameling hengelgerei my in totaal gekos het, is daar definitief gesinsmoord in Melkbosstrand!kaspaas wrote:
Ek hoop net Tannie Kaspaas weet van die boks expired condoms!Marthin wrote:@Marthin, you might be onto something here. I've been toying with this idea for some time but didn't know how. From Slabber se Klip there is an open area in the kelp before you get the next reef. I have always said that one should get your bait in between the two reefs in deep water. OK, one will have to contend with the Cow sharks, but shouldn't one also encounter Geelbek and Cob there?camboy... but it could work VERY VERY well with a SE at any of the westcoast spots... i'm thinking ganzekraal, Bontkop, Haakgat, Melkbos itself towards Slabberts etc. Dwarskersbos.... you might be onto a winner here...
I would suggest like fluffy said above... 4kg breaking strain from baloon to a swivel with your trace coming from there... a decent tug by either yourself or a fish should break that off clean....
... and I have a whole box of Government issue condoms that have passed their "use before" dates that can be put to good use....![]()

I am sitting with a problem where I keep loosing gear fishing at a ledge using the non-return slide method bla bla bla. I've been looking at other ideas to try and get around this problem. I thought of the balloon idea, when I saw your sketch it gave me inspiration, so I came up with the following concept using your sketch as my foundation. I havent tried it out yet, will do though.![]()
I clearly am no artist
camboy wrote:I am sitting with a problem where I keep loosing gear fishing at a ledge using the non-return slide method bla bla bla. I've been looking at other ideas to try and get around this problem. I thought of the balloon idea, when I saw your sketch it gave me inspiration, so I came up with the following concept using your sketch as my foundation. I havent tried it out yet, will do though.![]()
I clearly am no artist