any luck at swartkops

SUNSHINE

Senior Member
The fish are there, but you have to work very hard to find them.

I havnt had much luck with lures and bucktails but thats just me.:fbash

 
 

neilg

Sealiner
haven't fished there for a very very long time, but the big grunters are there, the cob are there and the elf also come in with the tide
 

neilg

Sealiner
From under the train bride to the mouth

they normally get together under the train bridge, but Katonkel Tom said they ONLY EAT BAIT, no plastic and no brass either, they want the real thing.
 

SUNSHINE

Senior Member
I take it only high tide?

Will check them out on some plastics after chumming the water, should bring them on the bite.:wfish
 

neilg

Sealiner
As far as I know on high tide yes

They are afterall known as the High Tide Fish !

but like I said, I haven't fished Swartkops for a VERY LONG time.

I know smaller Leeries (say up to about 60cm )are around and as always so is the Flatheads and the Grunters
 

SUNSHINE

Senior Member
Thanks neil.

The Grunters are coming out thick at the moment but mostly undersize, and the buggers keep taking them out. Ive caught one of 45cm and safely released.

Seen a few Leerie come out with livebait, but I want them on Bucktail. Ive done the whole livebait thing and it causes to much damage to the fish.

Will be getting my new Light Tackle kit next week so will be doing everything in my power to get a Leerie on bucktail.

Tight lines.............
 

neilg

Sealiner
SUNSHINE wrote:
Seen a few Leerie come out with livebait, but I want them on Bucktail. Ive done the whole livebait thing and it causes to much damage to the fish.
Try a circle hook, works great on your livebait, and hooks VERY WELL.

while the livebait is out play with the bucktail, if the Leerie missis the lure he'll turn and take the livebait !

Ag tog, how I miss that Tiger taking your prawn and giving you a good fight ! Need some of that soon
 

SUNSHINE

Senior Member
[glow=red]Try a circle hook, works great on your livebait, and hooks VERY WELL.[/glow]

Sounds like a plan.

I will be at the wall on Sunday looking for some more Grunter, you welcome to join me.
 
Top