Recent content by vanno

  1. V

    Yamaha 25hp trouble

    Hi guys, am having trouble with a motor that has been standing for a long time. Have new battery and plugs. Appears to be getting fuel and spark. 1 in 30 pulls might produce a start and will run for about 10 seconds then die irrespective of letting it idle or giving it throttle. Fuel filter is...
  2. V

    BWB

    Hey guys! Anything coming out at BWB? Going for a throw tomorrow morning..what's the water like?
  3. V

    Rod-Blue Marlin Bronzie T53 14ft 15oz

    Came across this rod while browsing. Rated 15oz + bait! I've never heard of anyone casting more than 10oz, and that for sliding only. Isn't this a bit of overkill? Anyone targetting submarines with this beast? :SSS
  4. V

    Shimano Beastmaster 12 & 14ft surf rods

    Hi guys! I am hoping to finally get a half decent surf rod. Have had a feel of the above and really like the rod, especially the 12ft as I don't feel comfortable with something as long as 14ft. Plan to use it for edibles off beach mostly and smaller non-eds (paired with a Shimano 20/40). My...
  5. V

    CoF in PE/St Francis

    Hi guys! Can anyone help with contact details for someone who can do my CoF inspection for Cat R in PE or St Francis tomorrow? Thanks in advance!
  6. V

    All round rock & surf setup

    Hey guys! I'm looking to get my first R&S setup and thanks to this site _seal1_ , have pretty much settled on the following: Loomis 14ft 5pc F2534-80 6,7,8oz paired with Daiwa SL50SHK. Due to the fact that i can only get 1 setup, this needs to be a good all rounder. I have 2 questions...
  7. V

    state of Swartkops and Sundays river

    Hey guys! Hoping to wipe off the cobwebs and take the boat out at Swartkops on saturday. What's the river like now since the flooding? Prawn banks ok? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Tight lines!
  8. V

    Spinning and dropshot in Mdumbi - September

    hi guys i plan on packing a selection of poppers, the odd spoon and perhaps 1 or 2 swimming lures.. any advice on which would work best would be appreciated. the more i read bout the fishing there the more i think my little 6'6 passionstick/slade combo just wont cut it ::jest am i looking at...
  9. V

    First boat - boat/river permit

    Hey guys, just bought  my first boat ::S and want to hit the river ASAP..where do I get a permit for my boat?  I will be fishing Swartkops and Sundays rivers. How much can I expect to pay and is there anything else I need or should know regarding launching at these sites? BTW awesome site...
Top