BAZARUTO MARLIN SEASON 2010

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
As it happens we also got reefed, sharked and pulled on a few nice one´s...

Attachments

• IMG_7527.JPG
    IMG_7527.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 350

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
The best was a brute that Craig fought for 20 minutes, heating up that drag to its limit to stop the fish reefing us...this is what happen at the end!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7518.JPG
    IMG_7518.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 346

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
We never fished this last week and only know of two SA visiting boats who were based in Inhassoro that did.

SeaDucer, a cobra cat 900

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpg
    IMG_1468.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 308

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
I had the pleasure of meeting the guys in Vilankulos on Saturday before they flew out and they gave me a bit of a run down of what happened over their few days of fishing. Fishing lures they reported raising 7 fish on the 12 & 13 October in a small area deep off sailfish bay. But, the fish were very unresponsive and they only hooked a couple, one of which a very big fish that pulled the hooks. On the 14th they had another 2 strikes that did not find steel and finally on the 15 Seaducer released a fish around 200 lbs and Little Joey had a double hookup but pulled on both fish.

The guys certainly come across a good number of fish which for some reason do not seem to be feeding properly – the unseasonal low pressure might have something to do with it…but surely they around & do have to come on the bite sometime…

Attachments

• IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 305

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
The CADSSAS tournament kicked off yesterday from Inhassoro, but a very strong SE made fishing very difficult. We not sure how many boats did fish and where – and only got a report of ``Gourmet` releasing a small one around the 100 lbs mark off the protected sandspit area.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 301

shagnrelease

Sealiner
Thanks for the update, keep an eye out for "Gandalf" they should be up there at the moment. I am sure they will contact you.

cheers for now

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Will do Shagnrelease...we start tomorrow and its back-to-back charters until mid November…:SSS::S:SSS

Attachments

• AA.jpg
    AA.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 297

Dreamcatcher

Hi Duarte just got home from a fantastic week of fishing. We hooked 4 released 2 one died and one we kept. A total of 14 marlin caught and 10 released. Was fishing the annual CADSAS billfish tournament again when i got into a argument with a 433 lbs marlin. Needless to say the marlin lost and i got 11 stiches...:fbash 
We, my crew of Dream Catcher and i , had a wonderfully tournament. Not only did we caught 4 marlin, released 2, but won the tournament as well. The winning fish weight was 731 lbs.What a great place... ::S

Attachments

• SANY0028.JPG
    SANY0028.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 272

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Dream Catcher, congratulations::S:clap12:clap12:clap12 on the fantastic fishing and on winning the CADSAS :first– that argument with the 433 lbs looks pretty messy…tell us about it?

Hey, give us  more details and pictures on your great week… What did you get most of the fish on, what about the big girl? I heard there was another big fish that was sharked which remains weighted around 750 lbs, was the fish heavily taxed? What you reckon the weight on her was?

A total of 14 Marlin caught and 10 released – [/b]pretty sad to see such a big percentage of the fish killed:(, is there no minimum weight on the comp? How does the rules actually pan out, is it most releases or biggest fish?  

Been really busy and absolutely no time to report but here´s a couple pictures from the 2 days I just had with the ESA guys. Obviously doing a show of this kind we were looking for variety and concentrated in getting as much species as possible - which we did plugging and jigging the first morning.

However, the best catch of the morning was not the biggest or toughest but rather a small but very rare (in this part of the world) dogtooth tuna that we obviously released. It is only the 7[sup]th[/sup] doggie I catch off the archipelago in the last 10 years…this was jigging in 32 meters off 9 mile.

Has anyone caught or know anyone that have caught or released a doggie of Bazaruto? All the fish I have caught here were small 4-14 kilos and mostly in the same place in fairly shallow water. Would be really interesting to know if anyone has seen a big one here…

Attachments

• IMG_7540.JPG
    IMG_7540.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 271

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
In the afternoon we trolled and caught 4 YFT tuna, a dorado and a couple wahoo – we also had the Marlin lures out and raised a total of three fish, only getting two half hearten bites and one hook up that pulled on it’s second jump…

Attachments

• IMG_7553.JPG
    IMG_7553.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 272

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
We started jigging early the next day and got a couple of good fish including a prodigal – a species I had never caught on jig before!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7551.JPG
    IMG_7551.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 272

shagnrelease

Sealiner
Dreamcatcher wrote:
Hi Duarte just got home from a fantastic week of fishing. We hooked 4 released 2 one died and one we kept. A total of 14 marlin caught and 10 released. Was fishing the annual CADSAS billfish tournament again when i got into a argument with a 433 lbs marlin. Needless to say the marlin lost and i got 11 stiches...:fbash 
We, my crew of Dream Catcher and i , had a wonderfully tournament. Not only did we caught 4 marlin, released 2, but won the tournament as well. The winning fish weight was 731 lbs.What a great place... ::S
Hey Dream Catcher!! well done on the win there!

Please give us some more information and please share what happened in your boat side brawl?

I recognise that Boat? maybe I have seen it at the yelds or perhaps at vidal?

can you share some more pics from the tournament?

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Later in the morning we put the Marlin lures out and picked a wahoo straight away. 20 minutes later Craig hook´s up to a frisky 200-pound Black on the stand-up #50 that took the short rigger legend´s Frankestein…

Attachments

• IMG_7562.JPG
    IMG_7562.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 269

shagnrelease

Sealiner
Marlinmoz wrote:
Dream Catcher, congratulations::S:clap12:clap12:clap12 on the fantastic fishing and on winning the CADSAS :first– that argument with the 433 lbs looks pretty messy…tell us about it?

Hey, give us  more details and pictures on your great week… What did you get most of the fish on, what about the big girl? I heard there was another big fish that was sharked which remains weighted around 750 lbs, was the fish heavily taxed? What you reckon the weight on her was?

A total of 14 Marlin caught and 10 released – pretty sad to see such a big percentage of the fish killed:(, is there no minimum weight on the comp? How does the rules actually pan out, is it most releases or biggest fish?  

Been really busy and absolutely no time to report but here´s a couple pictures from the 2 days I just had with the ESA guys. Obviously doing a show of this kind we were looking for variety and concentrated in getting as much species as possible - which we did plugging and jigging the first morning.

However, the best catch of the morning was not the biggest or toughest but rather a small but very rare (in this part of the world) dogtooth tuna that we obviously released. It is only the 7[sup]th[/sup] doggie I catch off the archipelago in the last 10 years…this was jigging in 32 meters off 9 mile.

Has anyone caught or know anyone that have caught or released a doggie of Bazaruto? All the fish I have caught here were small 4-14 kilos and mostly in the same place in fairly shallow water. Would be really interesting to know if anyone has seen a big one here…
Hey Duarte,

lekker doggie that, hope we find one or to strays this week at inhaca!

Did you see "Gandalf" On the water this last week?

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Hey Greg, good luck at Inhaca men. Been speaking to my mates there and fishing been really good with loads of YFT around. A mate of mine also released a couple of Black’s in the 2-250 pound range. 

Never saw Gandalf over the week or heard them on the radio!!! Where they also fishing the CADSAS???

After a lot of jumping and wheeling around with the UW camera guy in the water we managed to get some great video shoots and bring the fish in for a release…

Attachments

• IMG_7569.JPG
    IMG_7569.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 270

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
In the afternoon we had a great but very frustrating jigging session with the boys losing more jigs than they would have liked…a few busted fish and lots of cuda break off’s.
But we also got some good fish and some not so good....like this little cheeky one trying to gulf down a big jig - hilarious:hyst::hyst:!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7576.JPG
    IMG_7576.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 265