BAZARUTO MARLIN SEASON 2010

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
We started to fish 6 miles from our chosen spot to get some bait and picked up 3 skipjacks straight away - once we got to the spot we got another 2 YFT and put two livies out. All it took was 30 mins for a strike but no connection on the strike. As we pulled the bait which was still alive closer an with leader in hand a 200 pound Black come charging in struck it again but never took the bait…

By this time the poor 3 kg YFT was pretty damaged

Attachments

• IMG_8671.JPG
    IMG_8671.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 193

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Bad luck but a good sign. A shark took our other YFT but bait was plentiful and within a 10 minutes we got another two YFT and baited up. 20 minutes later strike and this time the 20/0 circle found the corner of the mouth on a good 350 lbs Black…………..AWESOME!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8629.JPG
    IMG_8629.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 192

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Unfortunately we never got a photo of it next to the boat as it chewed the 650 lbs mono leader as we were about to tag it. Nevertheless a great moment has after 21 years and 24 lost fish, Didi finally released his first ever Marlin of Inhaca.

Didi, the circle hook rig and our good luck pet…Frank!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8620.JPG
    IMG_8620.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 192

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Cheers all around and there we go looking for bait again catching a couple of nice fish for the pot in the meantime ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_8616.JPG
    IMG_8616.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 192

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Our next baits were both taken by sharks, but bait was quick & easy and this time we had a YFT and a skipjack. I was holding the skipjack on the long line when half an hour later we have a strike. Feed and Bang we hook up again, this time to a fish around 250 lbs!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8633.JPG
    IMG_8633.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 192

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
This time it was my turn to get strapped on…and it was about time.

It had been over 5 years and a couple hundred Marlin since I had a chance to get on the end of one. Funny enough the last time I had pulled a Marlin was back in 2006 also around Inhaca, and on the same boat!!!

Hummmm, it felt gooooooood!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8638.JPG
    IMG_8638.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 189

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Bruno Pinheiro who took most of the jumping shoots and was on the wire with the estimated 250 lbs at boatside!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8665.JPG
    IMG_8665.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 190

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
2 for 3 at Inhaca & especially in May…not a bad day’s work!!!

We also released that bottle of green label on the way back :)

Hopefully will get another day this weekend before leaving for Madeira...

Attachments

• IMG_8692.JPG
    IMG_8692.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 189

hawgdawg

Nice Duarte,

I see Frank has become a full time marlin! That little dude brings some good luck. You and Didi must have some sore muscles, specially since the only hard lifting you two have done over the last years has been black and green label arm curls!

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Greetings sealiner´s :SSS

Just got back from Madeira on what, has some of you might have heard, was a pretty slow season. Warm water never really materialized and when you a little speck in the ocean and the current does not push in there’s little chance the fish are going to show in big numbers or at all. The one’s that we did see however were quiet big like the 900 + girl on the photo below…

Anyway, I will be starting the Marlin season on Bazaruto in a month’s time and just to let anyone interested I still have 2 slots available for the peak season, that runs from September to January.

The available dates are:

19 to 25 September 2011

30 October to 6 November 2011 •   

I also have a 3-day charter from 22 to 24 November that might become available as a long standing client just phoned me saying he might have to cancel due to unforeseen reasons.

Any days can be taken during these available dates, however to qualify for our special fishing season rates a minimum charter of three days apply.

Anyone interested please contact me at;

dudas7mares@gmail.com 
or
 00 258 82 805 7160

Hope to see some you up at Baz later in the year to catch some :fst:Black´s and then enjoy some nice cold :beer 2M´s :spite

Best regards & tight lines

Attachments

• IMG_7912.JPG
    IMG_7912.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 129

Porra Newbie

Hey Duarte,

I'm like a little kid waiting for his bed time story.^^..

Eagerly awaiting your awesome posts & fishing reports.

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Cheers,

I am also like a little kid that can´t wait to get up to Baz and start fishing those awesome waters...going up next week, start fishing 3 week of September...

::S

Dreamcatcher

Hi Duarte
How about starting a new tread for 2011.....I have a feeling it's gonna be BIG!!!
Fishing CADSAS again 8 to 14 Oct!:wfish

fishmania

New to your thread Duarte , only found it last month, but have taken to it like a hungry Black to a smoking Kona! Need a fix, when will your 2011 season reports begin? This thread could literally be printed as a historical handbook for Billfish fishing for the area. Well done it is superb!

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Hey guys, been traveling this last few days and had no internet access.
Just got to Baz yesterday, went out for 3 hours of light tackle this morning - a whole bunch of YFT, some bonnies, two wahoo (31 and 22 kg) and released 4 out of 7 sailfish bites. EPIC STUFF!!!

Start the heavy tackle on the 28th and then full up all the way, only a week open in mid November :SSS

Will start a new 2011 threat & hope all you sealiners fishing the archipelago will post w/ some photographs!!!

Cheers... 

Marlinmoz

Sealiner
Yup, insane - we fished 3 hours but actually got all the fish in less than two...but, 3 of the sailies was on a Quintuple strike!!!!