your tricks to keep warm in the worst conditions

deisel

Sealiner
I had this made for me by a lady in my town. Cost me 500 bux but its a blanket a poncho a rain coat a wind break and its double fleece . I also always wanted to be a wizard so yay dream came true
 

Attachments

  • 20150611_164046.jpg
    20150611_164046.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 410

MadCarper

Sealiner
Thats a good idea!

Ive heard a good freezer suit does well too to keep one warm?

But I just use layers, at least 4 layers of clothes, with thermal beanie and thermal boots
 

kapstok

New member
freezer suit does the job.

went hiking and space was limited so i left the extra clothes and blankets and used the freezer suit.fortunately i get issued with a new one every year.we once made a big pit fire and then covered it with sand and then slept ontop of that. i also remember burning hundreds of empty traditional beer cartons in lusikisiki trying to stay alive after a extended holiday in the Tk..
 

aruthenberg

New member
I can certainly vouch for the freezer suit. I have one and it works so well during winter.

Just wish I could buy another but dont really know where.
 

delwynv

Member
hello

pls can some one tell me more about freezer suits? how they work (do u just put it over every thing else u wear? how good they are? where to get them, price etc?

also thermal boots which ones do u use or which ones to get?

thanks
 

IWyk

Sealiner
Freezer suits certainly work well they are available from most safety clothing/gear shops . Have the missis or grandma stich closed the pocket openings and add elastic to the arm and leg ends and you are good to go.

A konka to make fire in(the stainless steel inside of a washing machine) works like a charm and will keep you warm on the coldest nights.
 
Top