Yellow Fish on Orange River

JacovN

New member
I'm heading off to the Orange River (Vioolsdrif - Namibian Border) for 5 days and except for a 100km rowing trip, I'm quite keen te do some fishing, and I've heard Yellow is the way to go...

Any suggestions on what's available there and which bait to use and how to approach this?

Only starting off on my journey as freshwater Angler so any advice is good advice!!

Thanks,
 

toxicsox

New member
Maybe go the flyfishing route? I know you can find all the set-ups on yellowfish.co.za I personally think you will have much more fun that way then having to lugg bait around with you.
 

Yellow Monster

New member
You must go the fly fishing route. The yellows are wonderfull up there! Gees i would love to go. You must do the wading thing, all the normal flies for yellow will work.
 
Top