Yamaha 40hp Cracked bottom cowling

BRAD.13

New member
Hi guys

Can someone please assist or advise me on what to do about a cracked bottom cowling? Do I replace it or can it be fixed and how?

See pic below.

Thanx in advance
 

Attachments

  • Yamaha 40hp.JPG
    Yamaha 40hp.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 103

Mouldz

Sealiner
BRAD.13 wrote:
Hi guys

Can someone please assist or advise me on what to do about a cracked bottom cowling? Do I replace it or can it be fixed and how?

See pic below.

Thanx in advance

Yikes ,how did you do that or shouldnt I ask,If you have that piece stick it back with pratley steel,the liquid one,make sure you clean properly that area normally has a lot of oil residue
 

Mouldz

Sealiner
BRAD.13 wrote:
Hi guys

Can someone please assist or advise me on what to do about a cracked bottom cowling? Do I replace it or can it be fixed and how?

See pic below.

Thanx in advance

Yikes ,how did you do that or shouldnt I ask,If you have that piece stick it back with pratley steel,the liquid one,make sure you clean properly that area normally has a lot of oil residue
 

BRAD.13

New member
Hi Mouldie
I bought the motor like that from a friend. I have been out on the water with this motor for more then 50hrs with cracked cowling any never a problem. So the motor runs perfect its just that this crack is unsightly and would love to fix it before water causes damage.
 

Mouldz

Sealiner
BRAD.13 wrote:
Hi Mouldie
I bought the motor like that from a friend. I have been out on the water with this motor for more then 50hrs with cracked cowling any never a problem. So the motor runs perfect its just that this crack is unsightly and would love to fix it before water causes damage.

its basically just a cover,you can build up that missing piece with pratley steel putty and smooth it into shape,going to be a lot easier than replacing,you will have to dismantle the whole motor to replace that
 

snotslang

Sealiner
just take off the powerhead its 8bolts very easy to do and all you will need is a new tray gasket about r100 and when powerhead is off 4 bolts and the pan is off about a 2hour job
 

BRAD.13

New member
Hi Snotslang, thanx for the reply but is it realy as easy as 8 bolts and a gasket? I just dont want to create a bigger problem.
 

Fanie

Sealiner
I think Snotslang's advice is sound. Some of those things doesn't want to be repaired...

 

Ask Wynand Nortje 082 537 7903 for a price.  Last time I ordered a starter motor his prices was way better than every one else's.
 
Top