While most of you are asleep in the wee hours I'm

tauruck

Sealiner
While most of you are asleep in the wee hours I'm surfing the internet looking at fishing tackle and lures are my main weakness. There is no ONE lure that does it all as we all know and some of the members were complaining about the price of lures. I've been frequenting  a fantastic site that has it all. Reviews, new releases and links. It's like the Yellow Pages and Encyclopedia Britannica all rolled into one. I saw a lure on one of the links going for $139.99 . Steep price I think but imagine the ammount of lures of all prices being sold all around the world. Mind boggling stuff. Check this out when you have nothing to do or you want to know what was released yesterday. There is some unreal stuff coming out at the moment. See AHI, a company that has just launched the most incredible Acrylic coated jig heads I've seen ever.  http://www.tackletour.com/menulures.html
 

Swagman

New member
Hi Tauruck. I have seen some of the pics on your posts and those of Bennie Jordaan. I am totally facinated but lack the dexterity and skills required. Keep posting pics. very interesting.
Have you had a look at the Kicktail Lures? according to the adds they are good for fresh and salt water. Check out the video on www.ngcsports.com .
 

tauruck

Sealiner
Hey Swagman, thanks. Not much dexterity involved. I carve mine on the belt sander. You'll never know unless you try. Thanks for the link man, I'm going there right now.Check your PM.
 

tauruck

Sealiner
Some eye candy. Finnish as in Finland. Home made. The guy that makes them says they are killer.
 

Attachments

  • fin00019.jpg
    fin00019.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 391

tauruck

Sealiner
I don't know who makes these but I love the colours.
 

Attachments

  • fin0811_gearbag_crankbaits.jpg
    fin0811_gearbag_crankbaits.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 385

tauruck

Sealiner
This is the style lure that is most common among the American hand carvers and according to online friends all fish love them.
 

Attachments

  • RedHead.JPG
    RedHead.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 383

Swagman

New member
I have not tried them but the cost of importing them looks very high(about R700 incl postage). You can get several other makes of softbaits locally for a tenth of the price(Under R70)
 

tackle whore

Senior Member
sorry too say not all of those are mine in the 1st pic. stickbaits on left are HERU and a few great ORION LURES last pic all mine though
 
Top