Which one of these looks most like the Bonito we f

tauruck

Sealiner
Which one of these looks most like the Bonito we find off our coastline?. I'm busy making a few lures and I want to be as accurate as possible. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • Lure size1.jpg
    Lure size1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 258

OFC

Sealiner
Mikey, the first one looks more like a mackrel to me! and the second like a sada-sada !!!
 

tauruck

Sealiner
Ha Ha!!. I have about 20 pics downloaded. Some are photos and others are illustrations. None of them look alike. Gee, good thing I know what a Shad looks like hey. Angus, I have those pics but needed others for sizing, colour etc. I know what to do now. Make them all!!!::SThanks everyone.
 

Reefman

Sealiner
Angus... care to explain where you got those pics from? And how my name managed to "fall off"?

The originals can be found in our FAQ section...
http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=12998&forum_id=60

attachment.php


 

attachment.php
 

Angus

Sealiner
@ Tony
Those pics were saved from the sealine? sight a long time ago....must have been before you put your watermark on them. My pictures folder is full of pics that I save if I deem them to possibly be of use at a later stage.

My apologies if I infringed any copyright...but the ones I posted were the ones I had saved. Have updated them in my pictures folder.
 

neilg

Sealiner
Tauruck

could you make these 3 for me, I would love to tow them behind my kayak ^^..
::S
 
 

Attachments

  • BONITO-TUNAS.jpg
    BONITO-TUNAS.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 157

Reefman

Sealiner
Angus wrote:
@ Tony
Those pics were saved from the sealine? sight a long time ago....must have been before you put your watermark on them. My pictures folder is full of pics that I save if I deem them to possibly be of use at a later stage.

My apologies if I infringed any copyright...but the ones I posted were the ones I had saved. Have updated them in my pictures folder.
Yeah it's all cool. Some (unmentioned) fishing clubs have the nasty knack of plagiarizing my research and then sending it out to their members as if they own them... it happens quite often and I occasionally get irked by it... What boggles my brain is how much time and effort is taken to painstakingly edit out my Watermark...! Ai the human nature.... :-(
 

neilg

Sealiner
Tauruck, that was a joke hey ...

and btw you get similiar lures to the bonnies, but they are generally used for Tuna, and are QUITE heavy and big, but I must all they look good. I think they are meant for the BIG STUFF in the ocean.

Get this, I paid R 50 for it, and bought about 10 of them, think there were 5 different colour combinations.

just the swivels and the hooks on the lure is worth more than R 50.

This one measures 25cm, so she's not small, and she's damn heavy, she clocks the scale at 0.35kg, so that would be 350 grams. Not something you would want to cast from the side (or a kayak) ...

See I still love you, I went, took out my lure, took a pic of it, edited the pic, measured the lure and even weighed it for you ...

Now go make me some I can cast with, 5oz max please, 2 of each as mentioned before !
 

Attachments

  • CAMERA.jpg
    CAMERA.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 143

icstuff

Senior Member
neilg wrote:
Tauruck, that was a joke hey ...

and btw you get similiar lures to the bonnies, but they are generally used for Tuna, and are QUITE heavy and big, but I must all they look good. I think they are meant for the BIG STUFF in the ocean.

Get this, I paid R 50 for it, and bought about 10 of them, think there were 5 different colour combinations.

just the swivels and the hooks on the lure is worth more than R 50.

This one measures 25cm, so she's not small, and she's damn heavy, she clocks the scale at 0.35kg, so that would be 350 grams. Not something you would want to cast from the side (or a kayak) ...

See I still love you, I went, took out my lure, took a pic of it, edited the pic, measured the lure and even weighed it for you ...

Now go make me some I can cast with, 5oz max please, 2 of each as mentioned before !
Was reefers watermark on it?:fbash
Tauruck can you post some pics when you are don pretty please?
 
Top