Which is the smallest and lightest fishing kayak??

Faizal-D

Senior Member
Hi Guys

Which is the smallest and lightest plastic or fibreglass fishing kayak on the market??
I want to use it for bass fishing at the dams and also at Durban harbour.
Thanks
_seal1_
 

DeonF

Member
I stand to be corrected but i think moat skis are between 4-4.5m . You need a portnet disc to fish in the harbour
 

kobrob

New member
Check out the Wavemaster made in Durban.

It's about 17 kg in weight I was told. Now that is very light for a fishing ski.

You obviously get what you pay for and from what I have seen from the pic's, there is limited space but you do get a fish hatch and it has two trolling rod holders and it's also very surf friendly. It doesn't appear to have a rudder, but at what appears to be 3,8-4 m in length, maybe it doesn't need one.

It' looks a good little ski from the pic's on the web.
 

kobrob

New member
I enjoy these kind of debates.

The hunterski weighs in at 27 kg's although it is only 3,5 m long. The Stealth supalight 2010 at 4 m weighs about 23-24 kg. The more modern Stealths may weigh only about 25 kg.

My Erics Gt weighs 28 kg's and it is not light. In fact depending on how long I've been on the water, that 28 kg is heavy to lug. I guess I can't complain I'm still on the water at 64.

All the plastic ski's are unfortunately heavy. They are tough but heavy. Fibre glass is a lot lighter size for size.

If you are not bothered by weight and want the smallest then the hunterski at 3,5 m is for you.

Seriously, you won't really notice the difference between a 3,5 and 4 mts ski when it only weighs 17 kg.

But, the question was I think, "the smallest and lightest" so that rules out a plastic at 27 kg.
 

Faizal-D

Senior Member
Hi

Thanks for the replies. I have viewed the Fluid Buddy angler. It weighs 19kgs, length 2.65m, width 84cm. I will check around for a used kayak. New price is +/- R6500 with the lifejacket, oar and backrest.
 
Top