What rods to buy?

Morgan

New member
Hallo guys

I need some advice about what rods to buy for Marlin, especially big blacks!

I have 2 tiagra 50W's and 1 80W. I need to invest in some new rods for these Black Marlin we get here @ Bazaruto! Anyone got any ideas?

Im not the wealthiest man alive but like spending money on tackle, if you catch my drift! This is to use on fishing charters so it has to look nice for clients.

Banana bud or not needed? I dont have fighting chair (had to replace with hatch for dive tanks etc. sucks I know)! Im fishing of a 25ft Magnum!

Black magic?

I have landed 1 of 180kg without much hassle but have hooked ones in the 300 - 400kg mark.

Help

cheers
 

shagnrelease

Sealiner
Hey Morgan,

Well there are a few good options But there is not to much better without spending huge money than the Tiagra 80's we use them exclusivly and what I like about the new serious is that they are very light, For your purposes without a chair you are going to have to go for the shorter stand up rods and butts, you can choose between bent or straight butts thats up to you, I would use the bent butts with a good stand up harness, either the black magic or Braid range.
I have 4 80lbs tiagra stand up rods with 4 tiagra 50w reels which I have spooled with 80lb for when we dont use a chair or have ladies and junior anglers on the charter, and the bigger 80w for when we are fishing in the chair this are couple to full length bent butt tiagra rods.
 

Morgan

New member
Thank you

Will look into it

Can I use the 80W reel for stand up fishing or is this to heavy?

What advantages are there to a bent bud?

Thanks again

Morgan
 
Top