What do I need?

ricus

Member
Ok, so I just bought my first SKi -boat,Z-Craft Kingcat 180.

 

Now I need Rods and Tackle to beggin with,I have about R15000-00 to spend

 

What would I need to start out with?

Tralling and some bottom fishing
 

Attachments

  • IM000091.JPG
    IM000091.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 135

Copper

Sealiner
Definately some 10 or 12 inch KP reels!! Absolute charms to use. Guys here in the Cape frown upon a KP, but it beats the hell out of handline!!
 

AD97

Senior Member
I'll take my boat in black with a decent fishfinder,2x 90HP Yammi's and decked out with tackle, shot Ricus. LOL
 

Copper

Sealiner
Ricus
Get yourself 4 of the above mentioned KP reels.
Then buy yourself some of the Elbe Ski Boat Rods if your budget is tight, otherwise look for something better.
For trolling, get the Elbe Tuna stick, very nice alrounder.
Get the TLD20/40,Star range for trolling.
If you fish in a strong current and want to try for bottom fish *(like we have of the Kei)* get some 700-900g sinkers. Otherwise you will hit bottom for seconds only. We sometimes fished 3 900g sinkers.
Get a few Halco/Rapala/Strike/Red Wolf lures, and Williamson feathers.
Add a 9'spinning rod with a grinder that can the punishment, just in case.
Also, buckets, otherwise you will suffer the butt end of a rod up your belly.
Hooks, 4/0 - 8/0, we usually bought the Mustad Kendal Round by the box. Bait cotton, Gaff, bait board, 3-way swivels(size 1), normal swivels(1-2).

Shucks, that about it. Oh yes, and then some bait would do.

Enjoy yours fishing.

PS: Almost forgot - you'll need a crew> LOL
 

willem wikkel spies

Moderator
Staff member
If crew is needed, just shout, we all will fill the seats as christmas presents, that is if you cannot afford to buy us each a lekka boat.

only bad thing is the sleep down to the coast, enjoy it..

i now gonna dream about my christmas pressie
 

BigMatt

Sealiner
elbe ski pro's are good and kingfisher strikeforce's are in the same budget too for trolling rods...

good luck!
 
Top