Wels Catfish

Enigma

That fish was obviously caught in a fishery where it has got fat and lazy feeding on tons of boilies.

I fish them in rivers and lakes in Eastern Slovakia and it's no joke catching that thing.  I've been pulled out a boat, had my fingers crushed and broken Power swivels and 10/0 hooks on these monsters.  Still have to land my 80kg+ one but they are awesomly strong.

In the rivers which are fast flowing they burrow into the bank or even bottom.  We fish specially bred carp 2 or 5kg (White in colour) under floats or a string of Blue mussels with Mosella's mussel dip (handle with rubber gloves please)

Rods are 8 or 10' Carfish rods of solid Carbon, with a Torsa or Torium which the drad is cranked up max.  Hooks are Colmic Catfish 10/0 -  14/0 on 100kg wire line, it's a soft woven wire that is fished from a multiplier.

We drift downstream using a shaped stick to make catfish blurbing noises on the water while keeping an eye on the fishfinder, you actually see the fish coming up off the bottom then it's hiot and hold time.

Those things have a built in GPS and first priority is to get down to his whole, if that fails its to the first rock or submerged tree.  It's not a massively long fight but agony because it's a non stop pull to see who gives up first if the tackle can hold up.

Maybe the tube vid was edited but that's not how those things pull, believe me I've felt their power.

When he hit's you

basslover

Guys i can assure you that the wels catfish isnt lazy in the rivers etc. check out this video...ok yes a bigger wels but still what a fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jTsz1845o

Feliciano332

I have a question. I know this is not totally related to the topic, but I have wels catfish and I tried to feed him, but it seems that my fish is not eating. I tried to feed him with all types of fish foods, but Im losing hope. I did some research on my own and found out that feeding fish pot oil does give their metabolism a boost. Like this article about a marijuana strain www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/ak-47/. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks