Wahoooooooo!!

shagnrelease

Sealiner
A mate of mine made some up for me, I will try and persuade him to make some more for us!!!

Peter I brought the heads in from Meltons tackle, I could not find anything local that I fancied.

tauruck

Sealiner
nicos wrote:
Who made the trolling leads for you bud? Love to get at least a few and can then make a mould.

Other option: ask Bennie to help me make a dummy and then make a mould :)

::S::S::S::S::SGo Bennie.

Nico, he said you were his best friend!.

nicos wrote:
Who made the trolling leads for you bud? Love to get at least a few and can then make a mould.

I can make dummies in 2 parts. 1 will be for casting lead and the other for the resin shell, that's easy. The main thing will be the skirts. I will have skirts arriving here end November to beginning December. But you need the skirts to measure for the neck diameter.

Ya, making a sinker mould is almost too easy. Nico, I will make one for us but I still want to pursue the lead head option for us. I got some good ideas for that.

nicos

benniejordaan wrote:
Ya, making a sinker mould is almost too easy. Nico, I will make one for us but I still want to pursue the lead head option for us. I got some good ideas for that.
Cool. Will give you a call later today, need to get the jigs sometime.

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
nicos wrote:

Gladiator Lures in Durban make super trolling weights.

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
nicos wrote:
Fishing Adventures wrote:
nicos wrote:

Gladiator Lures in Durban make super trolling weights.
FA, who sells them? Can I get them at the usual suspects? (KF, BM etc)
You can buy them direct from Gladiator at the factory which is off North Coast Road, speak to Daniel.

shagnrelease

Sealiner
Well here you go gents, I have managed to spend a couple of ours using some of these methods and here is the results, I got a couple of fish and am waiting for some more of the pics to come through.

There does seem to be a fair number of them around at the moment so get out there!!

jqru9s.jpg

Attachments

• vidal 09 019.jpg
    vidal 09 019.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 560

Backline 2

Hi Shag,  Got this one in 20m of water of the point the day after you got yours.  Got it on a hole squid drift.

Attachments

• DSC03104.JPG
    DSC03104.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 545

Rory

Sealiner
blue.jpg

I have a few of these rigged with cable and a cigar lead wich im going to pull while running up to leven cant wait

Hank

Before you guys reinvent the wheel - Pulsator make a lure called the Silver fox which has a very heavy conical head - Its chrome plated brass so is very heavy and can be trolled at high speed. Whats also cool is that the head has a threaded shaft behind it with a removable female "grommet". Effectively you can unscrew the grommet and replace the skirt in seconds if you want to change colors etc.

Hank

Here's a pic of Pulsators Silver Fox I mentioned. I have two of them and plenty skirts to match depending on my preference for the day. Can trawl these while the boat is on the plane without tumbling since that head is very heavy.... They advise a chain gang which is great for the toothy critters - like wahoo.

Attachments

• Silver_Fox_4ba9c6c5c3a82.jpg
    Silver_Fox_4ba9c6c5c3a82.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 403

Hank

They are about R300 unrigged then add about R100 for the chain-gang. They are rather long (about 30cm with skirt)