waft rod wanted

catchthm

New member
Hi!

Looking for a waft iron feather 14 foot lite rod 4 to 6 ounce! or super slim blue marlin! must be three piece
 

catchthm

New member
Hi!

I gave robbie a call but it seems he does not pick up, I then sms him according the rod, he said that they have a problem with the reel seat and that i should look out for another rod. My mind is set on a Waft but now i do not know what rod to buy that matchs the waft or even better!
 

Eight

Member
I jave a poseidon hmg 36T 3 to 5 oz, 13 foot 6 and love it as a light rod. The waft light has a bit more backbone so more of a light medium setup. Blue marlin slimline is nice. Shimano Tecnium medium? I must say thoigh the waft is extremely nice. Cant they sell you one at a reduced price and you have someone replace te reelseat for you?
 

catchthm

New member
There is one at western accessories in boksburg, they will need to post it down which will cost me another R120 extra. I think i am going to go that route. Will let you know how it goes and when I receive it.
 

Eight

Member
Strange though. My friend bought a 13ft light from Robbie a moth ago no problems. I can tell you though that the finishing is the best ive ever seen. You getting a 14 or 13?
 

whalerider

Sealiner
Hi Bud, ever thought of the new purglas , lighter than the old ones , for your application which is edibles, a 350/3 will suffice ....contact Frikkie @ 07two 368 three532 if you interested .
 
ANTON BARNARD wrote:
whalerider wrote:
Hi Bud, ever thought of the new purglas , lighter than the old ones , for your application which is edibles, a 350/3 will suffice ....contact Frikkie @ 07two 368 three532 if you interested .
how good are these rods

How long is a rope?



Anglers catch fish. They only use rods, reels and line to reach the feeding spot. There are many combinations of equipment that will be good enough to reach the feeding spot.


So I would say it is good enough.

Just go and fish.


PI
 

Pslatarix

Sealiner
Those new purglass rods are a thing of beauty! I wouldn't hesitate to buy one . Infact my next 3 rods will be purglass.
 

hotrodding

New member
catchthm wrote:
Hi!

I gave robbie a call but it seems he does not pick up, I then sms him according the rod, he said that they have a problem with the reel seat and that i should look out for another rod. My mind is set on a Waft but now i do not know what rod to buy that matchs the waft or even better!

Hi ..

I own two waft iron feathers, ultra light and light.

Yes there was a problem with the older reel seats that are plastic, if they are tightened too much then they do sometimes develop a crack on them, but WAFT has gladly replaced mine when I encountered this problem.

Also I hear the new WAFT's have this problem designed out of this model....

Would 150% recommend these rods... light as anything, strog as hell, way more backbone then you would expext and beautiful finishes

my 2c

cheers
 

Chuck_LeBron

Sealiner
I own to waft rods aswell iron feather and pirate surf

Yes they are very nice rods but if you heard what's the recent price tags on these rods might aswell go for a purglas which is just as good or go custom....
 
Top