upgrading rudder

DeonF

Member
Hey forum
I read a article on one of the kayak fishing sites where the guy had a tunny that he fitted a erics kingy rudder on which is bigger than the tunnys rudder.
He said he turned faster with a bigger rudder.
So has anyone tried this before and does it really work better ?
 

bassbug

New member
I was thinking of making one for my kayak (stealth evo). Logic tells me that it should help turning. Also because I fish for bass and most dams I use have lots of grass, presently my rudder does catch some grass and from time to time I reach over with my paddle and push it out, I'm wondering if making the bigger rudder I'll have a bigger grass problem, maybe it needs to be designed considering a few things like how the kayak lays on the floor and when towing it on the beach if it has a negative reaction. Just thought of and idea, like some rudders that can move sideways aswell upwards how about a rudder within the "existing rudder", what I mean is within the present rudder have another one fitted with a bolt so when it hits something hard it would lift and drop when in the clear...... Eish the sunday wine is talking hehehehehe
 
Top