This past weekend at Roodeplaat

Dracos13

New member
We would have gone to the vaal dam but because of budget we decided to rather go camping at Roodeplaat, the old noord transvaal grounds.

We got there early thursday morning, the gate opened 06:00, we paid and off we went, to my surprize there were many people, eventually we got a spot that suited us for camping, not so much for fishing, becauese I have always blanked at Roodeplaat, so the expectation was to not catch anything and most propably not get any bites.

This time I was wrong....well almost, we set up camp, got everything ready, got the lines in, around 10 the next morning, my hooter went, it was taking line, did what I had to do and started bringing the sucker back, I could feel it was a nice size, I was so excited, in hind site I think I tried to bring it in to fast, it came off around half way back:fbash, I was devistated, it would have been my first catch at Roodeplaat, I was also happy, because it was the first time I actually got a good take.

That morning around 02:00 the alarm went crazy again, lekker deur die dinges I tried to get out of the tent, everytime unzipping the fly net zip and not the door zip....:fbash... after I don't know how long, I got out, as I got out, the run stopped....waited a bit but it was gone...

I must say, on my right, after the cables and tubes in the water for the vegitation problem they had, the guys were pulling out good fish, mostly in the mornings around 10:00....it's the first time I saw several carps of around 5-8kg coming out of Roodeplaat.

All in all, with the bad luck, it was the most success I had there in for ever...
 

connas

New member
@dracos13

if at first you dont suceed try try again

keep on trying my friend you will get them

groete
connas
 

Dracos13

New member
@connas

thanks, after the last experience, I will definately try again, I am just use to blanking at roodeplaat...almost always not even a bite...this time at least I had 2 big runs....which is almost a 100% improvement :)
 

connas

New member
@ dracos

yes it is a big improvement i know the feeling

i used to blank but then i took some advice from my fellow sealiners and today never even blanked once till date

it all just depends on a few things (this was my story )

1. never watched for any movement or feeding patterns
2. never read the water
3. always aded too much cake flour to my bom thus didnt bliss so well
4.always aded too much ingreadents to my bom like 4 diffrent floavours . almond vanilla ect all together
5. didnt use swb at that time only fished koo mielies and no floats
6. then the main thing i always did wrong (i left my rods in the water for way to long 45min


but what i do now is exactly the oppisite hahahaha

reading the water , looking for feeding patternes , adding no cakeflour to the bom onluy fpllowing the manual ins on the packet , throwinf 2-4 feeding balls in two different depts 20-30m and 80-100m

and the newest thing i am obsessd with nower days take a golfball screw in a picture fram screw (ronde indraai skroef ) clip it on and throw a few times just to get loose and to detirmen the bottom of the dept you want to make a feedoing spot or were you want ur line to be roughly it works for me so that is mainly how i fish hahahaha weird neh

i dont want to cramp your style but mayb you are also doing the same things i did once

groete connas
:fswim:fswim:wfish:fswim
 

Dracos13

New member
Connas

thats getting tecknical....

reading water= no clue
reading feeding patterns= no clue
I don't believe in feeding spots, no offence to anyone.
Now that you mentioning it...I might be adding too much flower to my bom, I started adding a bit of flower because I use to throw off the bom.

Thanks for the advice...now um...reading....how does one do that....hoe maak mens?
 

connas

New member
@dracos

dit is baie maklik

(feding pattern)basies wat jy doen is jy kyk waar die visse speel en daar waar daar baie bewiging is bv lug borrels wat van die bodum af na bo keer en da waar die visse kort kort spring

(reading water) basies kyk jy vir enige stroome bv koue of warm stoom waar die water stil is dat dit alles plat le en blink is die weerkaatsing soos n spieel gewoonlik is dit of koud of warm stroom

nog n ding waarna jy kan kyk is enige obstruksies in die water soos bv boomstompe gou murasie sels ontwortelde bome enige iets wat skeiling kan bied vir karps od babers hang net af wat jy teiken

kyk op conventional carp angling gaan lees things i wished i knew before i started vishing daarin is n meer duideliker beskrywing van al die bogenoemde goed van alles wat jy benodig sal jy n beter beskrywing daarbinne kry

lees en geniet die uitslae daarvan is baie baie baie goed en glio my alles is die moeite werd

groete connas
 
Top