Theewaterskloof

DanieSpreeth

New member
Hi Fubar,

I'm seriously considering starting to target TWK for big carp - it obviously will not be easy reaching my goal of a 50lb+ carp before the end of 2014 - but I believe from the research I have done thus far that TWK is probably the only venue around Cape Town where I might be able to accomplish that goal (unless someone can direct me to a better venue?).

What can you tell me about carp fishing at TWK? Where are the best spots (I seem to get attracted to the northern side for some reason, though I have no idea if that would even be possible).

I have an inflatable with a very decent Downscan Imaging System which gives me fantastic views of the bottom and a lot of options on where to fish, and those visible "islands" when the water levels are low in the north-western parts looks very promising. Granted, I am making all these assumptions from weather-data and viewing the area in Google earth only.

While I'm on the subject of weather-data, I have hourly (accurate) weather data for TWK for the past 15 years (and also for any other venue in the world), and as we all know weather has a huge impact on carp fishing. It's awesome to have this info and be able to make calculated predictions from it and eventually that might just be the advantage I need to get my first Western Cape 50-pounder on the bank!

The feeding & baiting side of the campaign will be 80% boilies (very high quality fresh ingredients with no preservatives and roughly 50-70% protein - rolled myself) and the other 20% particles (but mostly for feeding with boilies when I'm not fishing - while fishing no particles only boilies).

I'm also open to forming "partnerships" with other serious anglers who might want to join me on this campaign - but since I have to be sure about dedication & commitment - I will only do that once I kn ow that angler well enough.

Anyway - Im rambling here - I would love to hear what you guys have to say!
 
Hey Danie, I'm also a keen angler doing most of my particle angling in JHB. Ive only been in CPT for a couple of months and im battling to find someone to show me the ropes in cape town. Any chance you can point me in the right direction?
 

DanieSpreeth

New member
No comments/tips/suggestions?

DanieSpreeth wrote:
I'm seriously considering starting to target TWK for big carp - it obviously will not be easy reaching my goal of a 50lb+ carp before the end of 2014 - but I believe from the research I have done thus far that TWK is probably the only venue around Cape Town where I might be able to accomplish that goal (unless someone can direct me to a better venue?).

What can you tell me about carp fishing at TWK? Where are the best spots (I seem to get attracted to the northern side for some reason, though I have no idea if that would even be possible).

I have an inflatable with a very decent Downscan Imaging System which gives me fantastic views of the bottom and a lot of options on where to fish, and those visible "islands" when the water levels are low in the north-western parts looks very promising. Granted, I am making all these assumptions from weather-data and viewing the area in Google earth only.

While I'm on the subject of weather-data, I have hourly (accurate) weather data for TWK for the past 15 years (and also for any other venue in the world), and as we all know weather has a huge impact on carp fishing. It's awesome to have this info and be able to make calculated predictions from it and eventually that might just be the advantage I need to get my first Western Cape 50-pounder on the bank!

The feeding & baiting side of the campaign will be 80% boilies (very high quality fresh ingredients with no preservatives and roughly 50-70% protein - rolled myself) and the other 20% particles (but mostly for feeding with boilies when I'm not fishing - while fishing no particles only boilies).

I'm also open to forming "partnerships" with other serious anglers who might want to join me on this campaign - but since I have to be sure about dedication & commitment - I will only do that once I kn ow that angler well enough.

Anyway - Im rambling here - I would love to hear what you guys have to say!
 
Top