Surf Angling Lures

Rob1981

New member
I have both the Sargus 4000 and an 4000 Excelar Plus,the Sargus being slightly smaller in physical size.I eventually bought the Excelar due to the frustration of the windknots I was getting on the Sargus,I put exactly the same braid on the Excelar and filled it to the max and to date I have not had a windknot.I am now using the sargus as a light boat because I feel its more robust but the excelar is far better for casting long hard casts.So it basically depends on what you want to do with it.
 

RaymondW

New member
I will use it more for the longer casts from the surf... What rod do you use with you're exceler, Rob? Are you more into boat angling?
 

Rob1981

New member
I'm using the 9ft excelar xxheavy,I fish off a boat occasionally but mainly in the surf.I havent had the tackle all that long but I wish I had bought the Exceler first but I was told by the people at the tackle shop that the Sargus is more robust but i'd sacrifice that for the smoothness and pain free casting of the Exceler.
 
Top