Stywe Lyne_Hendrik die Hengelaar

Whats your guy's take on the comic "Hendrik die Hengelaar" published in Stywe Lyne each month. Are there some of you who actually find it amusing, or it it just a waste of space in your opinion?
 

aquadementia

Sealiner
dont like that magazine at all...

Sealine is WAAAAAAY better... More mobile too, it goes with me wherever I go, whereas a magazine cant
 
Dont buy the mag anymore. Rather buy the ESA and The Bankangler mags (and Sealine).
Know about the comic though...waste of space. My 2c.
 

GVT

Senior Member
Collected that mag for years have every copy of every month for the past atleast 10 years. But recently stopped.Not what it use to be. The comic is funny some times but prob a waste of space, could fit in more informative articles.
 

rofflign

Sealiner
It's a waste of space imo, have also stopped buying the mag recently, the saltwater section is virtually non-existant.
 

wp34

Sealiner
I have e-mailed the editor regarding the lack of Saltwater angling in the mag. After about a month I got some k@k excuse about "not having enough feild editors" to supply content. IMHO its a waste of money! Have you guys also noticed that the price increases every month? Why , what for? They should change their name to "Stywe Varswater Lyne":fbash
 

Arno Nel

Sealiner
Not a fan of Stywe Lyne. Its does not contain waht I require and Sealine has everything I need with regards to tips and tackle.

INTERNET is also great. Less Magazines to store at home. Everything is on line
 
I am also starting to wonder more and more each month why I keep on buying the magazine.

The comics are a real waste of space in my opinion. Is it that hard to find something funny once a month?
 

Maasbanker

Sealiner
I think I take about 2min to read the whole stywe Lywe, I mean Lyne... More adverts and fresh water angling than anything else... I think it was a hit (1960's) before the Information age came about...
 

Mr J

Senior Member
rofflign wrote:
It's a waste of space imo, have also stopped buying the mag recently, the saltwater section is virtually non-existant.

ditto. And did you check the price for all of that? :fbash

Bought a different fishing mag yesterday that really featured some useful stuff cant remember the name but it cost under 20 bucks and quite a useful amount of info in there.

Articles on how to catch cob on lures, the mudprawn and sandprawn, questions and answers from other fishermen, kayak fishing, understanding tidal estuaries etc etc. 

Now take that and put on ya lunch and there's food for thought STYWE LYNE!!!

 
 
Mr J wrote:
rofflign wrote:
It's a waste of space imo, have also stopped buying the mag recently, the saltwater section is virtually non-existant.

ditto. And did you check the price for all of that? :fbash

Bought a different fishing mag yesterday that really featured some useful stuff cant remember the name but it cost under 20 bucks and quite a useful amount of info in there.

Articles on how to catch cob on lures, the mudprawn and sandprawn, questions and answers from other fishermen, kayak fishing, understanding tidal estuaries etc etc. 

Now take that and put on ya lunch and there's food for thought STYWE LYNE!!!

 

Please post the name of that magazine here, once you can remember it.
 

Copper

Sealiner
aquadementia wrote:
dont like that magazine at all...

Sealine is WAAAAAAY better... More mobile too, it goes with me wherever I go, whereas a magazine cant

Boring comic, but since I enjoy all aspects of fishing, I enjoy reading about the monster carp, the Bloemhof Bonanza, etc, and also the R&S part of it.

 

With regards to it being more mobile - Sealine is great, but I struggle to balance the PC on my lap when I go the toilet, and the Mag is easier to handle there.........:fbash

 
 

Mr J

Senior Member
Bamboes-vis wrote:
Mr J wrote:
rofflign wrote:
It's a waste of space imo, have also stopped buying the mag recently, the saltwater section is virtually non-existant.

ditto. And did you check the price for all of that? :fbash

Bought a different fishing mag yesterday that really featured some useful stuff cant remember the name but it cost under 20 bucks and quite a useful amount of info in there.

Articles on how to catch cob on lures, the mudprawn and sandprawn, questions and answers from other fishermen, kayak fishing, understanding tidal estuaries etc etc. 

Now take that and put on ya lunch and there's food for thought STYWE LYNE!!!

 

Please post the name of that magazine here, once you can remember it.

Rock Surf and Deep is the name of the mag. Bought it at CNA for R19,95 and was nogal the first edition of the mag being published. Get ya self a copy and enjoy!

 

Shottttttt
 
Top