Hi
An amateur fisherman here.
I'm considering going fishing on either Thursday or Saturday morning. Most probably at Harbour Island, mainly as I've seen others fish there.
My questions are:
Bait:
Which bait is best for that area this time of the year? Where can I pump prawn in Strand or Gordon's Bay? I have some Chokka, which I'll definitely give a try. I've seen that rooi aas washes out at Greenways, so I might go check there as well.
Fish:
Which fish can I expect where this time of the year?
Spots:
I'm mainly looking for something simple for now. Still getting used to casting with a multi-reel.
Harbour Island:
Please any tips as to where to throw as I've heard one get's stuck and lose tackle there quite often.
Old Harbour:
I haven't checked out the old Harbour, is that worth it?
Greenways:
I'm also considering the area in front of Greenways, although it seems like you have to go out on the reef, where I'm trying to start off easier.
Strand Fence:
Can one fish past the fence in Strand, since that has been opened and is it worth it?
Any other suggestions for easy fishing? Would be great if it's a kids friendly spot so I can take the kids with.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Stywe lyne
An amateur fisherman here.
I'm considering going fishing on either Thursday or Saturday morning. Most probably at Harbour Island, mainly as I've seen others fish there.
My questions are:
Bait:
Which bait is best for that area this time of the year? Where can I pump prawn in Strand or Gordon's Bay? I have some Chokka, which I'll definitely give a try. I've seen that rooi aas washes out at Greenways, so I might go check there as well.
Fish:
Which fish can I expect where this time of the year?
Spots:
I'm mainly looking for something simple for now. Still getting used to casting with a multi-reel.
Harbour Island:
Please any tips as to where to throw as I've heard one get's stuck and lose tackle there quite often.
Old Harbour:
I haven't checked out the old Harbour, is that worth it?
Greenways:
I'm also considering the area in front of Greenways, although it seems like you have to go out on the reef, where I'm trying to start off easier.
Strand Fence:
Can one fish past the fence in Strand, since that has been opened and is it worth it?
Any other suggestions for easy fishing? Would be great if it's a kids friendly spot so I can take the kids with.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Stywe lyne