stradic reels

MrD

New member
Got my hands on the latest Stradic 5000Fj,spooled it with 30lb PowerPro braid and slammed it onto my 7'Beastmaster tiger spcl.FEELS just right.But after reading numerous posts on Sealine it seems like an overkill.Was meant for Zambezi/Kariba tigers and spinning at the coast.Now that got me thinking that I need to move it to a 9'dropshot rod and for the Beastmaster i should downsize to a 4000?Rather like the Stradics and almost purchased a CI4 but then got told that they tend to break off above the reel foot? Anyone had this happen to their CI? Find it hard to believe...
 

Dexter

New member
Can't see that the 5000 on a 7ft Beastmaster should be a problem. The 4000 and the 5000 is the same reel. The only difference is that the 5000 has a deeper spool for more line.

Have never used the CI4's. So I cannot comment on them.
 

MrD

New member
Hi Dexter,did not actually compare the 2 Stradics.The 5000Fj is a beaut.And when i had the CI44000 in my hands I got the same goosebumps that i had when I first cranked the FJ.Gotta admit i was trying to CONVINCE myself I actually need one of these...but then I lent my ears out about them breaking.Maybe I'll just invest in one and then I can test it for myself.Got the 9' rod hanging around without a reel anyway.

My 1st "coffeegrinder" was a Mitchell 307 and it's little brother.Dont have the lil one anymore but a 307 and a 387 still in great "BULKY" condition.The new spinning reels are however in a class of their own!!! So I think I can spoil myself with another decent spinning reel to supplement the arsenal even though there isn't much of a difference between the 2(or maybe the 3000 would make more sense). My wife says I gotta cancel the house insurance and only cover the fishing tackle. Eisj it's a sickness...
 

Dexter

New member
Hi MrD,

If you have a 9ft rod hanging around without a reel you definitely need another one. Just don't tell your wife I said so. :)

I have a Sustain 5000fe on my 9ft and it is an awesome setup.

I can't see that the CI4 will just break like that. With a locked drag and 50lb braid maybe? If it happened because of a defect I am sure they will replace the reel. There are guys here on Sealine that use the CI4 2500 to catch yellowtail and snoek. But as I said, I have no experience with them.
 
Top