Steel head/Salmon rods in SA?

DJP

Sealiner
IM6 IM7 IM8 whatever, one day there will be an IM20 and unless there is some huge flaw in the previous IM's graphite I wouldnt wory much, for the type of angler I am this difference is rather immaterial.

3oz well here's the two rods I'm looking at and there ratings.

Casting ,A92-10-6XH (1139437), 20 to 80lb line, 2 to 8oz casting weight, 10ft 6in (2pc) Xtra-Hvy

and

Spinning, A94-9MH (1139426), 10 to 20, 1/2 to 1 1/2oz casting weight, 9ft (2pc), Med Hvy

Both at $95 without tax
 

Enigma

Moderator
Try the Alpha Tackle Venom ZR, comes in 9 and 10' and will retail around R1400- 1500

Capable of fishing 1oz to 4oz on 9' and 1oz to 5oz

Toray Carbon butt section with IM9 tip

Some guys on the Forum are already using them to spin for tail in CT but will also handle a 20kg GT if you pick one up.

Butt section is set up long enough to use a spinning reel on but short enough to use a bucket when fighting a fish.
 

Attachments

  • Venom ZR.jpg
    Venom ZR.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 88

noclue

Member
Pawn shop here in Durbs has a Berkley 9ft Spinning rod rated 3/4 to 3 ounce, 2 piece for R1399. looks an awesome rod, dont know if its a good price?

Also can get G Loomis 1 piece bass spinning rod for R1500.....think normal retail is $340

Not sure if youve seen the Loomis and Franklin 9ft XH spinning option, I am throwing 2 ounce on it no problem, 2 piece and i think they retail here for about R750

 

 
 

eviltoy

Senior Member
Hi Guys

Just spoke to the lady at Boksburg Wester Accessories and the Waft dropshot is a HMG rod rated at 2oz but I was told it can do 3oz easy. Looks like I found me a new toy ::S
 

DJP

Sealiner
OK so this what I got. Bit more than I wanted to spend but hey...I save a few hundred bucks on shipping because its a 4 picece.

St.Croix triump travel rod spinning TSRS90M4 9' M Mod. 8-20lb line 1/2 - 2 1/2oz  $ 200.

I saw a rod I really wanted but because its a one piece I couldnt get it :-(

Shimano Teramar, West Coast special Jig and bait long rod TMC90MH 9'0", Medium Heavy, Fast 15-30lb line,  1-4 oz. Its super strong and light and although not designed for surf casting I think its perfect.
 
Top